Glory Star Set up

mark19067

Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
OK, I did not have any luck with SkyAngel. A modem incompatability issue. In all honesty, I am OK with the upfront fees with Glory Star. It's not cheap but I can swing it. I will also be paying for installation. I am not handy in the least bit and can not see my installing Glory Star. My true question is does this really work? I do not have any experience with Sat. TV but I get the concept. I live in a populated are just north of Philadelphia in the burbs. Many neighbors have Direct TV and the Dish. Will Glory Star be that painless of install, set up and watch?

Thanks,

Mark

Many neighbors have Direct TV and the Dish. Will Glory Star be that painless of install, set up and watch?
Very close but not the same yet.
The auto update of channels is not yet available.

Many dish/directTV installers are not up to speed on installing FTA dishes. But go to this link for FTA install:
Satellite System Installer Referral Program - Satellite AV
You will note that there are installers in your area that do FTA.
I would recommend asking how many Glorystar FTA systems an installer has done.
Bob

Do not be too afraid of trying to install Glorystar setup yourself. If you can aim a tv antenna (even rabbit ears) you could probably do a Glorystar install, the instructions and customer service are that good. But, as was posted above, if you get an installer to do it, do be sure to ask how many Glorystar or at least FTA installs they have done. MANY Dish and DirectTV installers can not read the instructions - my BLOND daughter says the one they had even gave blonds a bad name.....

The help you can get here is awesome - to say the least - I know - I got it, too.
POP

Thanks for the comments rv1pop. I would like to try for my husband and I to set up Glorystar, but we are not technical at all and the safest way would be to get install, but it would take longer to save up and get it installed. We are current Sky Angel satellite customers who will be without service in a few days. I was wondering how we would fare with the set-up guide, and maybe a friend's help, as well as Glorystar support. Anyone else with no experience set this up on your own?

Thanks in advance for the comments!

Katybug

I have been an electronic technician for (mumble) years but The only antenna work I did was trying to aim an outdoor antenna. I ordered, received and installed the Glorystar system myself. I had some problems and questions, it took me three days before I got it ready to aim, but the aiming then only took a few minutes. Every question I had was answered on the phone with tech support, or on this website. If you run into problems and if you wish to, you might tell us the city/state where you live. You may have a helper just a few blocks away to help you through the install, even if it is just to sit on a bench and cry with you.... But, "You can do, we can help!"
POP

I have discovered that getting the mounting post plumb and true goes a long way to making installation easy. I have moved mine a few times. The hardest part for me was getting the angle correct. I have done it myself twice and hired a professional to help me twice.

I have installed several 97 and 101 dish set ups. Glory Star is just a company that sells a "package deal". A Viewsat Ultra ( my personal favorite ) and a 36" dish will get you the programing on those two sats and all the religous channels. I live in central Florida.

There are several reasons that someone interested in receiving the Glorystar Christian channels would choose a Glorystar system over piecing individual equipment components together.

1. Most Important Reason: The majority of Glorystar viewers are not hobbyists. They desire a system that is reliable, easy to install and simple to use. They do not want to become a technician and learn about C/KU-band, standard, universal, LO frequencies, horixontal/vertical polarity, DiSEqC, 22KHz, active transponders, USALS, RS-232, null modem, transponder scan, power scan, blind scan, channel edit, just to enjoy, watch and listen to Christian TV and Radio stations. Most local installer / technicians either do not know how to install and program FTA systems, or they are under the false impression that FTA systems are illegal! Glorystar provides a system that eliminates the need to be a techie and is simple enough to install that over 80% of Glorystar systems are installed by the customer and the remainder successfully installed by local technician.

2. High Quality hardware that is designed and produced under exclusive contract with leading manufacturers to provide reliable reception of two satellites. A complete system is delivered in a single package including install kit, mounting hardware, cables, grounding and even a compass and silcone sealant! No need to buy anything or make trips to a hardware store for a standard install.

3. Preprogrammed GEOSATpro receivers with no menus to navigate, no satellites to select, no settings to adjust, no switch to program. Assemble, plug, aim and play! (Advanced hobbyist can enjoy the basic functions, but activate the advanced mode and have the features that are expected from a quality receiver.)

4. Well written, step by step instructions, acurate aiming coordinates, installer booking or referral services and a one year warranty with unlimited telephone technical support with knowledgeable bi-lingual (English, Spanish, Russian) staff.

5. Auto updating receiver to add new channels automatically, provide virtual channels with program information / viewer updates and keeping the unit updated with the most current firmware. All seemlessly invisible to the viewer. No new transponders to add, channels to add or delete. (These functions can be overridden by hobbyists in the advanced mode.)

6. Financially support Glorystar through equipment sales enabling us to continue our outreach to increase the number of Christian channels available with a simple system to the average household for no monthly fee!

Glorystar is a ministry support partner with the majority of Christian broadcasters in North America. We are more than a equipment package provider. Glorystar assists broadcasters with arranging uplink services, provides a free distribution and support service to Christian broadcasters. We are supported entirely by the sale of high quality, feature rich equipment that is offered in complete packages at prices lower than most retailers!

What kind of system did I want my mom to have in her home? A simple system that a local installer installed, she powers on, changes channels and enjoys her favorite Christian channels (and now three secular international, English language news channels), then powers off and watches her cable channels.

Last edited:
I have installed several 97 and 101 dish set ups. Glory Star is just a company that sells a "package deal". A Viewsat Ultra ( my personal favorite ) and a 36" dish will get you the programing on those two sats and all the religous channels. I live in central Florida.
:welcome
Well, welcome bloomer1961 to Satellite Guys. I am not sure what your comment was about, but after those posts I have set up over 40 Glorystar systems. Well, not really. I have set up one Glorystar system over 40 times - and over a range of over 6000 miles. I have set up in Seattle, Lynnwood, Goldendale and Blaine WA, Long Beach CA, Perry GA, Corpus Christi, Fort Worth and Victoria TX, Springfield MO and many places in between. My average time for set up at a picnic table is around 10 minutes, if I have an idea where south is. And I have set up several more systems for 97 - 101 also. I have reset an ABN system - 101 only and several for 97 for the TBN 5 & Daystar plus.

What LNBF holder and LNBFs do you use for the two satellite setup? How do you set up the system for only the "clean" programing? Do you go off the Glorystar list ?

I am getting read to go on another long drive, along the nothern roads this time. I do not know how many times I will set up on this trip, and I am leaving the dual LNBF Glorystar system set up in Washington this time, for the DVR mainly, so will be taking a couple of primestar dishes / LNBFs along for "rest time" viewing.

I do enjoy the ease of setup of the Glorystar system, and the knowledge that I will not need to go back and reset the channel list for friends who I set up systems for.
POP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts