Glorystar Channels Anomaly - 9.26.2008

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
Today a satellite providing channels for the Glorystar service (Galaxy 25, transponders 1 and 23) has experienced an anomaly and the following services are being relocated. The satellite is being replaced within the month, so we see no long term effect on the Glorystar broadcasting partners and their channels. The new satellite has been designed to provide better coverage and signal quality.

Please visit www.Glorystar.tv for updates on any channel changes. We will post where the channels are moving as soon as the information is available and verified.

The following channels are affected:

Vision Heaven
Gospel Broadcasting Network
VBS
Impact TV
Safe TV (USA)
LoveWorld
The Spirit Word Channel
The University Network
Cornerstone TV
Ezraweb Radio
Radio Cristo Vive
VBS Radio
Radio Nueva Vida
American Liberty Radio
KNLB Radio

We apologize for any inconvenience that this anomaly may cause. The satellite company is working to return these channels as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Cornerstone TV has been temporarily moved to:

Satellite: Galaxy 25
TP Frequency: 11.836GHz
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 20.770
FEC: 3/4

Last edited:
9.27.2008 9:45am PST

We are monitoring for updates and have observed transponder one cycling up several times. Communication with the uplinkers and broadcasters indicate that currently there are no plans to relocate services.

We will post updates as they are made available.

9.27.2008 10:30am PST

Update

Transponder one channels have been returned into service.

Vision Heaven
Gospel Broadcasting Network
VBS Radio
Radio Nueva Vida
American Liberty Radio

Any estimate on when the rest of the channels (SafeTv, etc.) will be returned to service? (still off as of 10:20 PM Eastern 9/27)

Pastor Scott / University Network temporary move to:

Satellite: Galaxy 25
TP Frequency: 11.836GHz
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 20.770
FEC: 3/4

Temporarily replacing programming for SID:16, Payame Azadi TV

9.29.2008 9pm PST

Update

Pastor Scott / University Network has been removed from the temporary placement on 11836 and is not available at this time.

Ongoing discussions with the Intelsat are determining the future of transponder 23 on the Galaxy 25 satellite. While the satellite status may allow 12115 transponder back on line, it may not be in the best interest of hardware management. Several broadcasters with distribution contracts may temporarily relocate until Galaxy 19 is brought into service.

Hopefully we will know more tomorrow.

Time must have been on an affected transponder, I am showing an early Jan date and time after performing a rear panel reboot to unlock the IR (remote) receiver a day or so back.

Time must have been on an affected transponder, I am showing an early Jan date and time after performing a rear panel reboot to unlock the IR (remote) receiver a day or so back.
You are correct. The timing is off this one. I am also concerned as I am recording ans will not be back for a few more days. The caretaker of the property has no idea how to even check to see if we are getting a recording. This tansponder also has the auto-updating.
POP

Time will currently be automatically switched to manual without the OTA signal. Your time may be slipping if the AC cycles are not correct. If performing a factory reset, use Manual time setting for now.

We are looking forward to be back up shortly.

We also are launching an OTA/ EPG transponder on AMC4..... just in case we ever lose a TP again and also to service our AMC4 customers.

Various channels are finding temporary positions to reach their customers, but the powers that be keep suggesting a possible return to TP 23.

10.01.2008 12pm PST

Transponder 23 will be in testing for several hours this afternoon and return to full service by late afternoon.

All channels are expected to be once again available!

12115 back

Greetings all,
Good to see 12115 back. I do have a question though.
My DVR-1100c is still using software: GS3.10 - v1.04
Is this still the current version for my dvr-1100c?

Also, I know that Galaxy 19 is up there in orbit, undergoing
testing right now. But I guess they flipped on 1 transponder
on Galaxy 19: 11779

Wholly cow, the signal quality is thru the roof. Here are
my before and after Signal Quality readings:

Fortec Mercury II: 29% to 75%
DVR-1100c: 52% to 92%

This is fantastic. This should mean that weak ones on g-25
like 11966 & 12115 should have dramatically higher readings
in the near future.

G19 isnt testing at 97W...its testing over near 148 (146 to be exact) for about a month before moving to 97W

but thats good that 12115 is back