Glorystar Channels Anomaly - 9.26.2008

Just a thought, is it a situation where some channels could have data in the EPG, and some would show "Info not available" or such?

probably. I know on 97W there are a few channels that have a EPG...the rest say "no data"

I think Glorystar is trying to stay away from having 3 channels have a guide and 30 do not

I was thinking that maybe they had 30 and 3 were holding up the train.

How do you see the ones that do have an EPG?

the channels I've seen on G25 are usually some chinese type channels

just hit "epg" on the remote and if there is one (a EPG for a channel) it will show it

I still have some mysterious things happening on occasion. Some Glorystar channels also appear elsewhere on FTA scans. For example GLC shows up as Ch 108 and as Ch 2165. Sometimes Ch 108 says no signal, but I can go to Ch 2165 and it's there. Ch 108 shows as TP 12177 and Ch 2165 shows as TP 12178. Am I a victim of my scanning or is something else happening?

Nothing mysterious, you just need to understand the technology......

The DVR1100c and DSR100c have the Glorystar TV channels hard coded to 100 - 999 range and the Radio channels in the 1000 - 1999 range. If you perform a Channel Scan, TV channels are assigned to the 2000 - 2999 range and radio to the 4000 - 4999 range.

A Blind Scans may enter a new TP frequency slightly diferent than the actual transmitted frequency if the LNBF LO frequency is not exactly as selected (Standard LO 10750). In your case, the Galaxy25 LNBF is probably about 1 MHz off resulting in the new TP Frequency being logged as +1MHz. The Automatic Frequency Tuning circuitry will usually allow a receiver to tune a freuncy that is up to 5MHz higher or lower than the entered frequency. Standard off the shelf LNBFs are spec'ed to be within +/- 3MHz from the stated LO frequency.

Side Note: As LNBFs age, the LO frequency may drift outside of the range that a receiver AFT / AFC can compensate. This is the most common reason LNBFs are replaced.

Next time a tuned channel shows up "No Signal", try switching to another channel (TP Frequency) then back to the "No Signal" channel. The channel will usually be available as the receiver is forced to retune and located the channel.

I still have some mysterious things happening on occasion. Some Glorystar channels also appear elsewhere on FTA scans. For example GLC shows up as Ch 108 and as Ch 2165. Sometimes Ch 108 says no signal, but I can go to Ch 2165 and it's there. Ch 108 shows as TP 12177 and Ch 2165 shows as TP 12178. Am I a victim of my scanning or is something else happening?

Nothing mysterious, you just need to understand the technology......

The DVR1100c and DSR100c have the Glorystar TV channels hard coded to 100 - 999 range and the Radio channels in the 1000 - 1999 range. If you perform a Channel Scan, TV channels are assigned to the 2000 - 2999 range and radio to the 4000 - 4999 range.

A Blind Scans may enter a new TP frequency slightly diferent than the actual transmitted frequency if the LNBF LO frequency is not exactly as selected (Standard LO 10750). In your case, the Galaxy25 LNBF is probably about 1 MHz off resulting in the new TP Frequency being logged as +1MHz. The Automatic Frequency Tuning circuitry will usually allow a receiver to tune a freuncy that is up to 5MHz higher or lower than the entered frequency. Standard off the shelf LNBFs are spec'ed to be within +/- 3MHz from the stated LO frequency.

Side Note: As LNBFs age, the LO frequency may drift outside of the range that a receiver AFT / AFC can compensate. This is the most common reason LNBFs are replaced.

Next time a tuned channel shows up "No Signal", try switching to another channel (TP Frequency) then back to the "No Signal" channel. The channel will usually be available as the receiver is forced to retune and located the channel.
Switching to another TP or to AMC-4 and back doesn't seem to help. I left it on Ch 108 once for about 5 minutes and it locked in, but tried to repeat and it didn't make it after 8 minutes. My system is new so it should not be an LNBF aging problem.

It worked OK for about an hour this morning (10/13) then upon switching back to Ch 108 it was gone. Vision Heaven is also gone again Ch 115 11716V. I wonder about it because it was gone for a month or more then suddenly appeared. I checked GBN Ch 117, which is on the same TP but not on my FAV list, and it is gone also.

Last edited:
Watching GBN and Vision Heaven at this time. Both channels are on air.

Your reception issue has nothing to do with the satellite anomaly. You might perform a power reset with the rear panel Master Power Switch. If this does not correct the problem, perform a Factory Reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts