Glorystar Installation and Review

Could they be talking about the glorystar ADVENTIST package which has less channels? I think that is usually $179 NOT installed

find me one for $199 installed and I will borrow the $ to put it in :)

I may have missed it, but for the one room system what are the two satellites to be received? Is there info posted on which channels are on each satellite?

I may have missed it, but for the one room system what are the two satellites to be received? Is there info posted on which channels are on each satellite?

The two satellites that are used for the Glorystar Christian Satellite System are AMC4 KU and Galaxy25 KU.

Here is a list by satellite as of 6.15.2007

Daystar Galaxy 25 KU
TBN Galaxy 25 KU
Miracle Channel Galaxy 25 KU
Church Channel Galaxy 25 KU
Hope Channel AMC 4 KU
LLBN TV AMC 4 KU
3ABN English AMC 4 KU
Gospel Music TV AMC 4 KU
GCN TV AMC4 KU
Word Network Galaxy 25 KU
Gods Learning Channel Galaxy 25 KU
The Old Path Galaxy 25 KU
Emmanuel TV Galaxy 25 KU
Lifesat TV Galaxy 25 KU
LoveWorld Galaxy 25 KU
Apostolic Oneness AMC 4 KU
Smile of a Child Galaxy 25 KU
JCTV Galaxy 25 KU
Esperanza TV AMC 4 KU
TBN Enlace Galaxy 25 KU
3ABN Latino AMC 4 KU
Bethel TV AMC 4 KU
TBN Russia Galaxy 25 KU
CNL Russian Galaxy 25 KU
Rodnoy Galaxy 25 KU
TRWAM AMC 4 KU
Telepace Galaxy 25 KU
Cancao Nova Galaxy 25 KU
Al Karma Galaxy 25 KU
ABN Galaxy 25 KU
ABN (Part-time) Galaxy 25 KU
TBN Nejat Galaxy 25 KU
CGN TV AMC 4 KU
ATN/ACN Service 1 AMC 4 KU
ATN Service 2 AMC 4 KU

Spirit 1 Radio Galaxy 25 KU
Overcomer Galaxy 25 KU
3ABN Radio AMC 4 KU
Radio 74 AMC 4 KU
LifeTalk Radio AMC 4 KU
Cancao Nova Radio Galaxy 25 KU
Bethel Radio AMC 4 KU

Thanks for the list Glorystar1. It would be great to have this list (with frequencies and SR) as a sticky that is kept up to date.
Bob

Ok, just got the Glorystar system hooked up and I have a few questions.

1.) my receiver only came programmed with 35 stations and I noticed there are 40+. How do I program in the others without having to do a satellite search and end up with a bunch of channels I don't want? (***UPDATE - I figured out how to program them, but I can't seem to get the Radio Stations programmed ex. Spirit 1, Overcomer, etc.)

2.) I am pulling a 90+% Signal Strength and 87+% quality on AMC4 (in Upstate NY can you believe it?) However, on the Galaxy 25 bird, I am only pulling around 75% Signal strength but only 25-30% signal quality. The stations on Galaxy 25 were showing up ok for a while, despite the low quality, but now half of them are poop (including Smile of a Child which had the kids in a tizzy, which is odd because the other TBN networks are crystal clear). I have tried twisting and contorting the dish everyway I could and can't get any better of a signal. Any suggesstions???

Thanks.

Last edited:
1. After activating the receiver with reset code 2020, press the TV/Radio button on the remote (2 buttons below the Red button) to toggle between the TV and Radio channels.

2. The lower Quality Level on Galaxy 25 could indicate that possible problems are:
a. The dish is warped. Was the dish checked before assembly by laying the reflector face down on a perfectly flat surface? If all edges are not laying PERFECTLY flat, the reflector needed to be corrected before assembly.
b. The white front surface of both of the LNBFs are not slid 3/4" (20mm) towards the reflector from the LNBF clamp bracket.
c. Skew setting is incorrect.

Expect Channel 7 to have Quality 80%, Channel 5 Quality 70%, Channel 2 Quality 70%, Channel 3 Quality 50%. You will start with ch 7 then move to ch 5, then ch 2 then finally ch 3. If you go in that order and peak quality for each channel, all channels should be displayed. Smile of a Child is the on the strongest transponder on Galaxy 25 satellite, so this would indicate a problem if the channel is pixelating and breaking up with low Quality.
Is there a quality difference on channel 2 with or without the DiSEqC switch in line? Make sure that the Master Power switch is always off when connecting or disconnecting the DiSEqC switch.

No scanning should be necessary to receive all current available English channels. Telepace may need to be rescanned as they have been adjusting the PIDS. IF you need assistance with performing a TP Scan, you may call the technical support staff.

Ok, just got the Glorystar system hooked up and I have a few questions.

1.) my receiver only came programmed with 35 stations and I noticed there are 40+. How do I program in the others without having to do a satellite search and end up with a bunch of channels I don't want? (***UPDATE - I figured out how to program them, but I can't seem to get the Radio Stations programmed ex. Spirit 1, Overcomer, etc.)

2.) I am pulling a 90+% Signal Strength and 87+% quality on AMC4 (in Upstate NY can you believe it?) However, on the Galaxy 25 bird, I am only pulling around 75% Signal strength but only 25-30% signal quality. The stations on Galaxy 25 were showing up ok for a while, despite the low quality, but now half of them are poop (including Smile of a Child which had the kids in a tizzy, which is odd because the other TBN networks are crystal clear). I have tried twisting and contorting the dish everyway I could and can't get any better of a signal. Any suggesstions???

Thanks.

Originally my dish was a bit warped. After I fixed that it increased signal on G25 quite a bit.

My AMC4 signals on 7 are 90+/90+, on 5 it's 70/70
My G25 signals on 2 are 70/60 and nothing on 3. Miracle channel just won't come in for me but it's not important to my wife so I'm not worrying about it. Most of G25 comes in for me but lower then AMC4 overall. The other day I noticed G25 was waaaaay down. My dish moved a bit in the wind so I moved it right to left and G25 is now coming in the best it ever has. And I need to tighten things down a bit obviously (it's the pole in my tripod that's turning a bit).

The key for me was get the weaker AMC4 channel tuned in good, 3ABN as out mod has said "is a torch!". Then work on TBN (channel 2). So far most of G25 is ok but the real weak ones. The new Liberty TV I got in about 60/50 if I remember correctly.

Anyway, good luck!

As for adding new channels, it's pretty easy. Get the frequency information and you can add a channel at a time via the Add Channel option (last menu over I think). So for example, Al Jazera (sp?) English is 11198-H-20000 4025/4035. I got this from the FTA List web site or from Lyngsat. So just punch in these numbers in the add channel screen and it will be added.

The other way is to do a transponder scan. So in this case scan 11198 Horizontal and it will pull up Al Jazera plus any others. Choose to add them. Now edit your channel list by removing the ones you don't want.

Either way works, I just add a channel one at a time.

Thanks for the suggesstions all. I will try these out this evening and report back on my quest. I would like to complement Glorystar Satellite on the actual ease of installation. I am sure I will be a very happy camper once I get Galaxy 25 up to par. :D

More to come.

Welcome :wave to the Glorystar Family NYRMan1975 :)

Yes try a weaker channel on AMC4 and then fine tune IA5/G25 from there. I know on my setup I had to push the G25 LNB in a little bit towards the dish for optimum signal

I place a make-shift bracket on my 180cm channel master, the center LNBF is Galaxy 25 and the Offset LNBF is AMC4. I got all possible channels on IA5 at 88% quality and 55/60% quality on all the available christian channels and I get Hopeand 3ABN 45 and 70% respectively.

I am located on the Caribbean Island of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. The bracket I made up was not really setup to get both satellites at their peak. I gues once that is done I will get better result.

Glorystar is doing a good job but what about the viewers in the Caribbean who want to have this setup to receive the Christian channels. My test shows that it can be done simply by using a larger antenna and a propper LNBF bracket. I am working on getting a good bracket so I will be doing some testing. You know I even get Echostar 8 signal with a 3rd LNBF.

Thanks Iceberg, it is good to be one of the lucky growing number who is enjoying Glooystar! :up

Yeah, I noticed by even being a little creative that I am not getting spikes in signal on the previously unattainable channels. So this Saturday, my Stepfather and I are gonna get back up there and hopefully it get straightened out. We think we got the idea now which parts need to be fine tuned.

Like I said, even on my channels where I am only pulling 40% Signal Quality, the picture is still amazingly crisp! :D

Like I said, even on my channels where I am only pulling 40% Signal Quality, the picture is still amazingly crisp! :D

I think of it like a DirecTV signal. A 90 or a 50 is the same quality wise. It's just the 50 will go out quicker in heavy rain. ;)

So the same here I believe. I get a nice picture at even 20 quality so long as it's not bouncing too low. But I'm sure it will go out quick in rain.

correct. In most cases a digital signal will work at a 99 quality or a 40 quality. Its when the FEC (Forward Error Correction) is involved. Most of the KU channels are FEC 3/4 ro even 5/6 which a 30-40 signal is stable. But there are some channel muxes (group of channels) use a 7/8 FEC (C-band has this alot) and you need a very strong signal to keep it stable. The FEC keeps the signal stable and the higher the number the more signal you need. A 7/8 you need more signal than a 3/4

Example is AMC1 C-Band
TLN mux is 3/4 and I get it at a 35-40 quality on the Pansat 1500 with no issues
DWTV is at 7/8 and I get a 45-48 quality and its heavily pixelated. Need around a 70

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)