Glorystar Revenue

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
Forgive me if this question is off limits. Don't answer if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

I am wondering if Glorystar's only source of revenue is selling dishes and associated equipment of does Glorystar also make money from stations partnering with them. That is, is Glorystar a business representative for the companies that own the satellites?

As a businessman, I am just curious how that all works and hoping Glorystar stays around for a long time marketing and selling equipment so more people enjoy Christian television.

Glorystar is not brokering any satellite uplink or charging any broadcaster for our services. We do not have the overhead cost associated with other satellite services since the broadcaster negotiates and contacts directly with the satellite service provider.

We are a broadcast ministry partner to provide sales, distribution and support for Christian broadcasters. We will have the opportunity to provide additional services in the future through new distribution opportunities and products.

I could be wrong here but I *think* most of the Christian stations are already on FTA sat and are mostly on the 2 sats close together. Glorystar is putting together a nice package of equipment to receive those channels and now is working with other channels to help them get up on the sats and direct them to one of the 2 sats that all the others are at thus getting a built in audience that can find you.

Just my outside perspective, I have no inside knowledge.

I do think Glorystar is a pretty sweet system and I think many of my wife's relatives may opt for it once Sky Angel shuts down.

What I think Glorystar should do is put up a donation button (maybe they have one but I haven't found it). Many online podcasts do that and I donate a couple bucks a month to several of them. That can add up if even just 1000 people do it. Plus it would be a tax write off in this case.

Well I plan on buying a new remote control and a motor next week from Glorystar. I have revised my Christian TV brochure that I hand out and eliminated Sky Angel as an option. Before I had contact information for both Glorystar and Sky Angel listed on the back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)