Glorystar with Sonicview 360 Premiere Receiver?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Glad to hear that you got your system working Dr Pepper 6044. I got me a new SonicView Premier receiver for only $50 shipped and a SkyWay dish with lnb for free from a friend that no longer needed it which uses FSS signal at 105. I also have an old lnb I used to pickup locals off of 105 on Dish Network several years ago that I had bought that I had bought new back then for the FSS satellite and hope it may work as well.

I also have a First Strike meter and hope I have the right settings to start tinkering with this here where I am at to receive a signal so that I can install these for others. I hope there is a big enough demand here where I am to do some installs in my area. If the demand is big enough then I would become a Glorystar dealer.

On these transponders that have to be tuned in, are there certain ones that are in between that would best be used to peak on that would equally balance the other ones out? For example, one has already determined that you should not peak any of them, that you should balance them out to 50%. As you increase one you drop another. Wouldn't there be a transponder that could be used to peak the signal that would be more close to the middle?

Stargazer said:
On these transponders that have to be tuned in, are there certain ones that are in between that would best be used to peak on that would equally balance the other ones out? For example, one has already determined that you should not peak any of them, that you should balance them out to 50%. As you increase one you drop another. Wouldn't there be a transponder that could be used to peak the signal that would be more close to the middle?

To assist with the install process, we are revising the next Version of the GloryStar installation manual. These changes are based on the recommendations by many installers and from the past few months experience assisting customers with their installs after the launch of this new tp freq 11842.

The new Glorystar installation instructions will use channel 901, RT News Channel (tp 12152) to locate the G19 satellite then peak and balance the Signal Quality between channels 106, 3ABN (tp 11842), 113, Cornerstone (tp freq. 12115).

Stargazer said:
A larger dish is the only solution as it would prevent interference from adjacent satellites.

<<<<<SNIP>>>>>

What is the minimal size of dish required to bring in these signals?

The GEOSATpro Glorystar 90cm dish has a 1.8 degree resolution with 3dB attenuation, so we find that this dish size works best. A smaller dish does not reject the interference from the adjacent satellite.

A larger dish has not provided any improvement in the off access and individual transponder off beam issues during our testing in the CONUS. The larger dishes are also expensive to purchase, ship and often are restricted due to HOA or local ordinance.

I am pretty sure I have found the signal on my First Strike meter but the receiver I purchased is not picking it up (sonicview 360 premier receiver). I am going to do some more testing later today to see what I find. Does anybody know what type of reading the signal meter needs to indicate in order to get a lock onto that satellite?

Further testing has resulted in receiving 99W. It keeps telling me please update the newest sw. It is very annoying. Do the other FTA receivers do this as well or only this one? I think I chose the wrong type of one if it keeps irritating you with saying that.

Last edited:
Update: I have manually inputted the Frequency and SR into the receiver and it gave me quality readings on 97W. The factory software was off by one on the SR and does not have the right information for the satellites. I guess I take it that a blind scan is only as good as the factory firmware or does it have to lock onto one transponder before it can blind scan the rest even if the factory firmware did not have the correct freq and sr on the list?

I will say that the FirstStrike Meter found the satellite quickly and easily.

Last edited:
Further testing has resulted in receiving 99W. It keeps telling me please update the newest sw. It is very annoying. Do the other FTA receivers do this as well or only this one? I think I chose the wrong type of one if it keeps irritating you with saying that.

Third Party hacker firmware is causing your problems...... Might ask questions about the Sonicview receiver in the main forum. I know that some forum members have that model.

Someone just gave me an older version of the software which fixed the "need new sw" nag screen. I am receiving some channels off of 97W now. I am going to try a blind scan now to see what that will bring up. I just scanned the one transponder since it worked quicker when I had the nag.

I have found 97W and received some channels (after going through software agony on the receiver but a member of this site gave me good software so that I could use the receiver). I tried to find freq 11842 SR 22000 with my meter on the tv and the first strike and no luck so far. I will be working more on this to see if I can pick it up.

What I have noticed though is this - without making any elevation or polarization adjustments I can move the dish (azimuth) from 97W to 99W and pickup the channels on that satellite as well. 99W seems to be stronger than 97W as well (does not go out as badly). This may be way to tune in 97W easier. I was just watching Lingo in a different language on some channel on there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts