GM kills Saturn/Pontiac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pontiac was just coming into thier own. They are the "Excitement Division" for General Motors and I can't believe they decided to keep them over Buick, that's what Cadillac is for.

a tricked out SHORT bus:D

No that is my car that will be replaced by the Flex

RS1.jpg

IM000511.jpg

I still have a 1999 Pontiac Firebird that I bought brand new in the fall of '98.

That looks like a fancy mail truck. ^ :D

And my wife likes it. Wanted one, first year. Glad we went with an Accord instead.

And FWIW, I've been provided with a diesel Jetta company car, now with 6,000 miles on it. It's GREAT! I heartily recommend anyone in the market look at one. And this is from someone rather anti-VW since the EuroVan.

I drove pontiac from 82 -95. I had several pontiac trans AMs ,firebirds, even a sunbird. I hate to see it go but I understand why.

I had a 59 Catalina, a 69 Firebird, and a 82 Grand Prix, very sad to see the old car go away....

When I first saw the Flex I thought it was the ugliest thing on four wheels but I'm actually warming up to it a bit.

The number of folks driving oversized vehicles that I see is immense! One person driving an 8 passenger Suburban, Escalade, Expedition, Hummer etc. etc. is what is so very wrong. There's a definite need for some of these vehicles as already stated but I see far too many single commuters in huge vehicles.

As far as GM goes, yeah the re-badged regurgitation is completely not necessary. Look at their mini vans, the Chevy Venture, Pontiac Montana, Olds Silhouette, Buick Terraza, and more recently the Chevy Uplander (replaced the Venture) are all the exact same vehicle and for the most part have been the same with a few minor interior and body mods for the past 11 years! What's more, they are all prone to the same GM B.S. with problems with the fuel gauge, the fuel pump and I'm sure the list goes on and on. If you've owned a GM vehicle anywhere from the mid 90's up until probably the last couple years you'll know what I mean. Anything newer than that will likely develop the problem eventually too! My work van (2002 Venture) and my truck (1998 Silverado) as well as one of my work partners wife's car (2001 Buick) all have inaccurate or completely not working fuel gauges! From what I understand the problem is VERY wide spread. It's crap like that and the multitude of regurgitation that is killing GM and I'm sure the other two of the Big Three have similar problems.

What are they gonna do with the dealerships? This is gonna be expensive, and they can't just open up a few extra Chevy dealerships like they did when they folded Oldsmobile....

How the mighty have fallen.....

Has anyone heard if sales are picking up now that the Obama tax break (deductible on sales tax on your federal tax return) is in effect now?

Instead of making so many different brands of vehicles they do need to make fewer brands and more of each brand to cut down on production costs.

This reminds me of when they got rid of Plymouth (Plymouth Neon, Dodge Neon, what the heck is the difference?)

What are they gonna do with the dealerships? This is gonna be expensive, and they can't just open up a few extra Chevy dealerships like they did when they folded Oldsmobile....

That's the problem. They need to greatly reduce the number of dealerships. Well, one of many problems.

I almost all cases, Pontiac is currently teamed with GMC and in many cases, Buick. Those marques aren't going away (although I can't fathom how they can justify GMC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)