GOD TV Testing on Glorystar - Your Input Needed!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
GOD TV is performing a test on the Glorystar system for the next few weeks. Decisions are to be made if to offer this channel Free to Air in North America. If you appreciate their programming, please consider supporting their ministry with donations.

Please call 1-888-463-1365 or drop them an email and let them know that you viewing their channel on Glorystar and thank them for making their channel available for free!

Satellite: Galaxy 25
Frequency: 12060
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 22000

VPID: 2018
APID: 3018
PCR: 2018
SID:18

Last edited:
I read somewhere (and I will see if I can find the press release) that God TV is doing some big Election Night coverage.

Might be worth tuning in for it.

Found it.

God TV to Broadcast Special Election Programming

TheCall California to Air LIVE as Part of Network's Election Programming Aimed at Encouraging Believers to Pray for and Vote in the U.S. Election

Contact: Peggy Tourney, 5W Public Relations, 212-584-4279, Godtv@5wpr.com

MEDIA ADVISORY, October 29 /Christian Newswire/ -- In recognition of one of the most historic elections of all time, GOD TV has amassed their line-up with special election-related programming leading up to Election Day on November 4th. This is the first U.S. election since the global Christian broadcaster first aired in America in 2006. GOD TV's election coverage culminates with a major prayer gathering, TheCall California, and with an election special hosted by Rory & Wendy Alec, in which the GOD TV founders urge believers to intercede on behalf of America and vote in this momentous race.

TheCall California offers believers around the world an opportunity to rally together and intercede for God's Will to come through in this presidential election, as the outcome will have international ramifications. GOD TV previously has aired many city-wide gatherings of TheCall, in which visionary Lou Engle passionately leads believers in prayer for the nation, but none have been timelier than TheCall California. This 12-hour marathon will broadcast live from California to an international audience on Saturday, November 1st. In tandem with the live broadcast, GOD TV is also encouraging American believers to gather at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego for this nation-building event of prayer and fasting. Those unable to travel to the Stadium may participate in the 12 hours of prayer and worship by tuning into GOD TV on channel 365 of DIRECTV.
In addition to TheCall California, Rory & Wendy Alec will broadcast a two-hour election special, featuring special guest Jay Sekulow - Chief Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice, from GOD TV's Washington, D.C. studio on Sunday, November 2nd.

"We believe this is a very important election, not only for the U.S., but also for the rest of the world," said Wendy Alec, Director of Television at GOD TV. "We have therefore adjusted our schedules to bring programming that urges believers to pray fervently and to vote."

GOD TV viewers can watch these special election programs via satellite on channel 365 of DIRECTV, through the Internet at www.god.tv/stream and via Video on Demand at www.god.tv/god.

For additional information about GOD TV, please visit www.god.tv.

Will this channel be added to DVR owners automatically? If not, can someone provide a step by step to add it manually?

Thanks,
Mike

I had called them and e-mailed them and was given the impression they were not interested in KU band. I am glad they decided to test it out. I hope they are still on when I get back home. My LOS from So. Everett is blocked by 10 - 120 foot trees in the yard just across the street from me. I wish I had a few smaller trees at home, but they might block my LOS if I did!

Seems to be one of the weaker channels on G25.

Hopefully, signal will be better when G19 is in place.

I found it, it showed up as Feed instead of God TV. I tried a bunch of scans and don't know which one worked as I was looking for God TV. I hope the final manual has better info on the various scanning techniques, any estimate on the final manual for the DVR-1100c?

The OTA update on next Wednesday morning will automatically add God TV and MHz Worldview to the channel line-up.

The final manual is available upon request to DVR1100c owners. Just email or call Glorystar customer support or download the manual from this forum.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/glorystar-support-forum/149016-installation-guide-glorystar-dsr100c-dvr1100csystem.html

It is almost identical to the temporary manual. The manual is one of the most complete and useful owners manuals for any FTA receiver on the market. If you have questions about scan types, we will be happy to answer your questions on the forum.

THe DVR1100c and DSR100c have several choices for scanning:

• All Channels- Searches all preprogrammed TP frequencies of the selected satellite for new channels both scrambled and free.
  • One TP- Searches for scrambled and free channels on the selected TP Frequency
  • One TP FTA - Searches for free channels on the selected TP Frequency
  • Blind Scan- Searches for all available TPs and Channels from the selected satellite without needing TP parameters pre-entered.

I found it, it showed up as Feed instead of God TV. I tried a bunch of scans and don't know which one worked as I was looking for God TV. I hope the final manual has better info on the various scanning techniques, any estimate on the final manual for the DVR-1100c?

We really wish to encourage you to email or call God TV TODAY to support their decision to broadcast Free To Air and available through Glorystar.

This is a limited opportunity for you to show your support in their decision to make the channel available for viewing on a platform that is free from monthly charges or subscriptions!

Toll Free: 1-888-463-1365
Email: info@god.tv

The DVR1100c and DSR100c have several choices for scanning:

• All Channels- Searches all preprogrammed TP frequencies of the selected satellite for new channels both scrambled and free.
  • One TP- Searches for scrambled and free channels on the selected TP Frequency
  • One TP FTA - Searches for free channels on the selected TP Frequency
  • Blind Scan- Searches for all available TPs and Channels from the selected satellite without needing TP parameters pre-entered.
That helps and is pretty much what I assumed, but what about the extra info, like Symbol Rate, VPID, APID, PCR and SID? My guess is that they must be important or you wouldn't specify them every time a new channel is added.

I sent an email of appreciation to GOD TV.

God TV is now off of the satellite.

Please email or call God TV TODAY to support the broadcast of their channel as Free To Air. Show your support to make the channel available for viewing on a platform that is free from monthly charges or subscriptions!

Toll Free: 1-888-463-1365
Email: info@god.tv

I called three times and got no information. I e-mailed info and got only 26 requests for money and 4 other e-mails regarding programing on subscription TV. I do not think they understand FTA!I am writing to the broadcasters I know on the station and asking them WHY?

Brian, do you know what or why they are handling us this way? The subscription channels refuse to hook me up since I do not have continuous power or phone line, and SkyAngel is out of the question for the same reasons plus for their total lack of integrity.

I finally got an answer that was not a money beg This is 2/3 of it the rest was to me directly - It does seem a little cut off for that reason.
QUOTE:
I have just received a call back from our Head of US distribution and hopefully have answers to a few of your questions. It seems that any GOD TV broadcasts that did indeed have a signal on G-25 at 97 degrees west, were not authorized broadcasts by GOD TV. Thus, the reason for the short life of that broadcast.

Although GOD TV would welcome the opportunity to broadcast on Glory Star, it is not financially feasible at this time....
END QUOTE.
POP

So what is ging to happen to the parameters that GOD TV was going rto be on? i have noticed an advertisement for SSAT, and i have noticed some programming on there but i don't know what network it is? or where it is from!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts