TP 12177V Tuning Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
When I re-peaked the dish the other day to get TP 12177 channels the re-peaking may have been coincidental. I changed the elevation almost imperceptibly and the signal came in. I now think it was the time it took me to re-peak that brought it in rather than my effort. The problem was back this morning with no TP 12177V channels present. they were a bit slow tuning in last night. This morning I just left the DVR 1100c set on TBN and it was there 20 0r 30 minutes later when I came back in the room.

While the TP 12177 signal was missing I went to the channel search screen and checked LNB tuning range to no avail. I switched to TP 12060 and the tuning range was 10746 to 10755. After TP 12177 came back I retried the LNB check on 12177 and it wouldn't tune even + or - 1. The LNBF was replaced in early November because of a similar problem. System Info; SW: GS03.15/ Data Ver: 01.08.

I just posted on Roxtreme's thread that my TBN signal went from 46 to 6 at 8:18 this AM PST. So maybe it is the Satellite's problem> Maybe should call Paul Crouch and see if he paid his power bil!!! (I've know his brother and him since the mid 60's!) It is back on one of my receivers now. 9:20 AM.

I had been out for a couple of hours and my wife had the receiver on Safe TV, I switched to TBN then the other TP 12177V channels and they all came in readily. Then I tried the LNB range again, I set the LNB at 10746 and stepped through the TPs I had scanned and all had a signal except TP 12177. Then I set the LNB at 10755 and stepped through the TPs with the same result. After setting the LNB back to 10750 I exited the screen and tried to select the channels on TP 12177V and nothing came in. I left it on GLC and it came in after about one minute of waiting. The signal is 49, S:70, Q:45.

Since this thread hasn't generated much response am I to assume I am the only one with the problem? If I am the only one it must then be an equipment problem but it baffles me as to how TP 12177 is the only TP that exhibits the problem. If it's an LO tuning problem why only one TP exhibiting no LO tuning range? I performed an all channel scan and have a total of 22 TPs on G19 from 11716 to 12060 (10 of which are from 12010 to 12060), yet only 12177 exhibits the problem. Yesterday it took 8 minutes for TBN to come in, this morning 3 minutes (outside temp about 10 degrees warmer). If I want to set a timer on any of the TP 12177 channels I have to leave the DVR 1100c turned on. It is a bit perplexing!

While signal quality on 12177 for me (Fortec Star Mercury II receiver) is much lower on G19 than it was on G25, I haven't had significant problems in viewing the channels (other than during moderate to heavy rainfall).

Puzzling?

My three TP 12177 channels have been popping in within a second or two for several days. I thought Daystar was off the air, but decided to leave it selected and see if it was just slow tuning. Daystar (TP 11836) popped in after 12 minutes. This is a strange one, I am not going to try to get a work order to return the DVR-1100c system as there is no guarantee the problem would recur on the bench. That coupled with shipping cost (and bench time if it doesn't show a problem) and losing the use of it for a week or so leaves me at an impasse (also, it seems that no one else has a similar problem).

Last edited:
With light rain on 1/3 the symptoms reversed and TBN became slow to lock. Signal quality on both TBN and Daystar essentially as before (I posted them and even did an edit but the post seems lost). Today (1/4) things started slow with TBN taking more than a minute and Daystar about 10-12 seconds. Now both lock within seconds, but not as fast as other channels. Outside temp rose from 49 to 60 and inside temp rose from 62 to 72.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)