Can't find tp Freq 11842

If you have easy access to a larger dish, this may help you bring in 11842. I have had experience in the past with bringing in a satellite on too small of a dish and seeing interference needing to use a larger dish which solved my problem (Dish Network 77W).

If you can find one locally then that will save you on shipping costs. Sometimes people will give them away. You may want to try posting on craigslist saying that you want a cheap or free 4 foot dish or post in your local ad trader.

Hi,

I just ordered a FS1 First Strike - from the place Stargazer suggested. We are going to try it in a high place under the eave of the church.. Then replace what we have to to find G19 there.

I'll keep you posted.

Bill

Wow! Well for my money, I would invest in the Geosat unit. If the non DVR has the same settings as the DVR, that would be my choice.
I have been using the satellite > TP setting page to find and peak what I am looking for and find it very good. I am using a too large LCD TV but it is light weight so not too bad. The display is clear in all but the brightest sunlight. The TP selection tells who "owns" that TP so it can really help ME to know I am on the correct bird.

I hope I answered my "favorite meter" and what I use question... I gave away my last Mercury II without realizing it was my last one. :<(. So I have tried the other rcvrs I have. The Geosat has proven itself.

Good job Brian.

POP

Thanks, POP.

I agree with you on the mercury II and the GeoSat. I use them both.

We will see if the meter is any faster. Maybe we are missing the microspot where G19 is hidding.

One idea we are tinkering with is to address the oldest dish we have. It is still untouched since looking at AMC4 for 11 years. We think we can put the new SES1 information in the meter and see if it is still correctly aimed. We think maybe the aiming process will be easier, since we seem always to find a good SL and SQ in that general area, but don't know how to have the receiver looking for those transponders. I know that information is available and can be programmed in the receivers. If we can have the meter looking at SES1, it should be a piece of cake going a couple degrees east and a couple degrees up to get G19. Then, all we have to do is go inside and hook up a new receiver and home free.

We are still open to a bigger dish. They are more than double in price when we include shipping. Brian is correct. We should not have to resort to that. The bigger dish has more infinite adjusting hardware. I would love that on the smaller dishes.

Thanks again,

Bill

Hi All,

I have the new FirstStrike meter. I have used it to tweek my home dish. I now have more channels than ever.

I now want to evaluate the old dish high on the church. (not an easy job to access) If it is still functional looking at 101W, we will have more information in dealing with it. (Useable or replace)

The default info in FirstStrike has a s/r of 04340 and the LO is 05150. Does anyone know if these values are good?

Thanks, Bill

12060 H 26700 for History and Biography channels at 101W. If you want to move that dish on over to 97W and raise the dish just a smidge with the same settings on the meter. You may need to rotate the lnb slightly.

Stargazer said:
12060 H 26700 for History and Biography channels at 101W. If you want to move that dish on over to 97W and raise the dish just a smidge with the same settings on the meter. You may need to rotate the lnb slightly.

To clarify..... This is not an active transponder or polarity on Galaxy19 and will not provide a signal lock on satellite receivers, though it might provide a signal reading with a FS1 meter.

The strongest Galaxy19 TP frequency that is not duplicated on any other satellite is 12152MHz, Polarity - Horizontal, SR - 20000. Balance on these three transponders for highest, balanced Signal Quality: 12152, 12842, 12115.

The usual LNBF LO type on these systems is Standard(10750, not 5150 as the meter default). Always verify the LNB LO frequency to verify correct setting in the meter. BTW... beware..... LLBN distributed an Universal type LNBF with an LO frequency of 9750/10600!

Last edited:
An update.

I went to the church with the meter programmed as described by Stargazer. The 12 year old dish is untouched from it's aim at AMC4. We haven't tackled aiming for G19.

When I connected the meter, it immediately locked with good values. I unhooked it and hooked up my spare receiver, Mercury II. Did a search and found good values for many channels on SES1. Most are scrambled. I found multiple instances of Bio and History. One of each were not scrambled and displayed very well. A few other language channels worked well also.

This exercise showed me that we can aim at a strong satellite and set up the reciever with good results very quickly.

I agree with Stargazer. We should be able to just rotate that dish 4 degrees east and about 2 degrees up and lock onto G19. I have another channel in the meter set up for G19 11842. I sure hope it works!!! When we have that (or a new one) dish on G19, we will replace the reciever with a new 1100c.

Now an update on my system at home.

I returned home after working at the church (temperature 12 degrees cooler and no sun on the dish) to find my system here working well in the main channels, but lost a few and a few more reading sq in the 30's. I am still very happy. I still have all 11842 as well as a couple others I like.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks for feedback!

Bill

Another install we are working on - -. There are some trees nearby under the aim spot. I kinda remember asking, but dont' remember an answer.

This dish is located beside 3 directv dishes that are working fine. I've heard that the direct satellites are at the same level and near to G19, and if they can be aimed, then G19 can be aimed from the same location.

Is that ture?

We still must ge that install and one more working.

Thanks

Dr. Pepper 6044 said:
Another install we are working on - -. There are some trees nearby under the aim spot. I kinda remember asking, but dont' remember an answer.

This dish is located beside 3 directv dishes that are working fine. I've heard that the direct satellites are at the same level and near to G19, and if they can be aimed, then G19 can be aimed from the same location.

Is that ture?

We still must ge that install and one more working.

Thanks

DirecTV dish placements will indicate a possible location for the Glorystar dish. The main DirecTV satellite is located at 101w, same as SES1 (the old AMC4 location). Galaxy19 will always be approximately 4 - 6 degrees towards the East and either a few degrees higher if on East coast, similar elevation if Central or a few degrees lower if on the West coast.

A siting compass/inclinometer is a great investment of performing site surveys to determine possible dish placement options. I use an iPhone app, Dish Pointer that overlays the satellite location on the camera. When you point the phone towards the sky, you can see the exact satellite position on the screen and can easily see if trees or buildings will block the satellite signal.

I tried the meter on another dish on which we have never found G19. It came up pretty quick. Re scanned the Mercury II with the help if Glorystar tech support. The user is back up and running... very happy too.

Thanks.

Glad to hear that you got it up and running. DishPointer seems like a cool tool but I do not think I do enough installs to make it worth my while with putting the money into it. I already put a bunch into the First Strike but I got my money back on it the first time I used it. I wonder if there is a DishPointer program that allows you to use it for cell towers along with wireless internet service providers along with others.

Hi all,

Stargazer, thanks. I tried another site today. I was able to find G19 and know exactly where the dish is looking - right through a limb of a pecan tree. I know exactly where I stand now. We will just relocate the dish and be home free.

On the smartphone Dishpointer app - Fantastic! If you already use an Iphone or Droid, then the app isn't a big additional expense. If not, then the 100+ dollar per month bill would be an increase. The inclinometer-compass idea would be good. The paper one I use from the Glorystar manual is down and dirty, but very accurate. The azimuth indication from a small compass just doesn't cut it. I will try a more substantial compass to compare. Brian just can't put an espensive compass in each system he sells.

My main partner in this endeavor at church is returning from Jacksonville after his wife's surgery. We will soon re-aim the dish at the church and also install an older system at his house. I think the G19 will be found quickly with the first strike, and more tweaking to get 11842. I used Brian's 12152, 11842, 12115 sequence today and will continue.

Thanks again. I appreciate bouncing all this stuff off you.

Bill

Dr. Pepper 6044 said:
On the smartphone Dishpointer app - Fantastic! If you already use an Iphone or Droid, then the app isn't a big additional expense. If not, then the 100+ dollar per month bill would be an increase. The inclinometer-compass idea would be good.

I also have several Suunto siting compass / inclinometer units in my install kit. Old school, but no smart phone fees.

http://ascscientific.stores.yahoo.net/tandem.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)