Can't find tp Freq 11842

My friend and helper Bob really likes the sturdiness, etc of the OLD 3Abn dish that has been up for about 11-12 years. It is circular with an offset lnbf to operate on Ku band. I had my doubts about it, but it seems to be more rigid, etc. so yesterday's re-aim was absolutely perfect!
Dr. it is probably a KTI dish, (mounted on a 2" pipe) they were sold by 3ABN 10 years ago or so. See the pictures in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/76708-what-dish.html
This was/is a very good dish, IF they get bent they are junk - can't do much with them to bring them back. When they are in good shape they can't be beat.
Bob

Yes. All you say is consistent with my experience here. The mounting post is bigger than the other dishes we are working with now. The pic in the thread you refer to looks just like it.

Leading up to this re-aim, I was resigned to having to install a new dish, which we have on hand. And with all the trouble we have been having, I didn't want to do it up on a scaffold under the eave of the church roof. (small church, so it is not 40 ft. in the air) So I had put the FS1 on the cable up to it and found SES1 coming in through it just fine. After that, I was up to trying it and was very pleasantly surprised.

So... I think as long as it works, we will just continue to use it.

Thanks, Bob

Bill

I looked at the digital inclinometers suggested by Brian. If there was a specific flat spot on the new dishes that exactly replicates the central beam of the dish, this would be excellent to just dial in the needed elevation setting. In the absence of such a spot, I'm sure if I put that inclinometer on an accurately aimed dish, it would read a specific referrence angle. Then I could put it at the same spot on a new install or re-aim on a dish of the same design and the same angle should be ballpark.

As per laseradam's post here, dish warp is a serious problem with the switch because it may be fine for 101W, but not for 97W. I may attempt another re-aim tomorrow. It is an older GeoSat without side braces. You know I will check dish trueness. It is relatively easy to force it back into shape, but that also means it is easy to distort while panning. I've developed a sensitivity to that.

I'll keep you posted.

Bill

Simply add 24.62 degrees to the vertical plane of the GEOSATpro 90cm dish to obtain the actual look angle of the dish. Example: Place a straight edge vertically on the dish edge from bottom to top. If the level indicates 10 degrees, the dish is aimed at 34.62 degrees.

More channels on Fortec Star

I have been very pleased with the Geo Sat Pro receivers. The automatic availability of all Glory star channels is great.

I am managing 3 Fortec Star Mercury II and 2 Lifetime Ultra receivers. In following the designated recipe for retuning for G19, I get only the basic 13 or so channels on tp 11842. I just now read the directions on the Life+Health channel's page and it looks like it just changes the one tp received to 12022. I am going to follow that on one receiver this afternoon. I expect the 11842 channels to go away.

Can these receivers only look at one tp frequency at a time? If no, how can I get multiple tp's?

Thanks.

I am managing 3 Fortec Star Mercury II and 2 Lifetime Ultra receivers. In following the designated recipe for retuning for G19, I get only the basic 13 or so channels on tp 11842. I just now read the directions on the Life+Health channel's page and it looks like it just changes the one tp received to 12022. I am going to follow that on one receiver this afternoon. I expect the 11842 channels to go away.

Can these receivers only look at one tp frequency at a time? If no, how can I get multiple tp's?

Thanks.

The Fortec Star Mercury II and Lifetime Ultra receivers display channels from multiple transponders.

Don't delete any channels and scan the new transponder. The new channels will be added to the current channel list. No channels will be lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts