Going Back To Dish Can I Skip The Visit?

After reading all of those, all I can say is that bluenerd is going to have a cow over how far off-topic that post is, and that this whole damnable thread has gotten, for that matter. ;)

You can get off topic all you want. But if you want to spew politics, there is a place for that and this ain't it.

It really isn't clear I was still talking about the deleted political fiasco? Alllllrighty then.
You have to look at the context of your sentences. The first sentence is clearly aimed at crod. The minute you used the word 'you' in the second sentence you are still addressing crod because you didn't separate that out with something like if someone wants to spew politics....

Reactions: pattykay
Back off topic again!
Achieve Michael Jones GIF by Achievement Hunter

You have to look at the context of your sentences. The first sentence is clearly aimed at crod. The minute you used the word 'you' in the second sentence you are still addressing crod because you didn't separate that out with something like if someone wants to spew politics....
You misread. Thanks for the clarification.

I guess crod misread as well because he is the one who was questioning you as to where there was anything in his post that was political.
And I feel I explained satisfactorily what I meant. Any remaining confusion I don't feel I can address. Log off and step outside for a minute. Clear your mind. Ponder if there is any possible way what I am saying might be correct, keeping in mind that "you" has a general usage as well as a specific.

In fact, I'll double down. You can get off topic if you want (read it as 'one may' if it helps you sleep). Hell, find me a thread older than 24 hours that hasn't derailed. But if you want to get political, you can do that as well, in the appropriate forum. Which this is not.

And I feel I explained satisfactorily what I meant. Any remaining confusion I don't feel I can address. Log off and step outside for a minute. Clear your mind. Ponder if there is any possible way what I am saying might be correct, keeping in mind that "you" has a general usage as well as a specific.
So, I step away from this forum for one day, and this is what I miss.

I actually did read post number 37 both ways. (In fact, I was actually more inclined to take the "you" in the first sentence as a general statement, not me specifically.) Then, I decided to respond in a way as if I took offense, just to be a pain. Anybody who has read my posts here long enough should know not to take me too seriously. ;) :oldlaugh

Anyway, I did apologize, way back in post number 16, about taking us down this rabbit hole in the first place. Sorry again, everybody.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Perhaps me having seen the deleted post gives me an insight others lack, but I am not offended by topics getting derailed...or I am at the very wrong website. The "more on topic" crack was because in addition to the antimasker rant (throwing in a comment about restrictions being stupid in the first place), it DID mention Dish in passing.

Reactions: pattykay