good 4dtv package price

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
found a site called sps (like nps) for $25 A MONTH! thats a way better deal then dish becuase you get some channels that are only on some more pricy packages
but my main concern is some channels are analog so doesnt that mean they are gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
removed the copy/paste. As mentioned before, post a link. Please dont copy/paste from other sites unless its a snippet

as for analog, the few analog channels that are left (3 or 4 on G5 and Weather Channel) are ceasing on analog 12/31/08

They might move to digital

ok heres the link:SPS Satellite Programming Service Inc. - C Band Programming Provider in North America
and heres a SNIPPET concerning analog
Analog Subscription:

Motorola's ACC has notified SPS that they will discontinue authorizations of analog subscription channels on 12-31-08. Most customers have known this was going to be happening soon. This means that CNN, HLN, TBS, TNT, TWC will not be available on analog after 12-31-08 but SPS is going to provide them as digital services. We do not have the satellite and digital channel numbers assigned yet, but will notify you when we do obtain them from ACC

someome told me if the battery dies on the vc2 module, the whole 4dtv itself is no longer usable?

SPS is the company that I use.:) There's 2 batteries in a 4DTV receiver: 1 on the main board of the unit that maintains the digital unit I.D. number, and another inside the VCIIplus module, that maintains the analog unit ID number. Don't worry about the VCII one, because at the end of this year, there will be no more analog subscription channels. If the one on the main board dies, and the unit loses AC power, it will lose the digital ID, rendering the receiver useless.:eek:

Replaceable battery?

SPS is the company that I use.:) There's 2 batteries in a 4DTV receiver: 1 on the main board of the unit that maintains the digital unit I.D. number, and another inside the VCIIplus module, that maintains the analog unit ID number. Don't worry about the VCII one, because at the end of this year, there will be no more analog subscription channels. If the one on the main board dies, and the unit loses AC power, it will lose the digital ID, rendering the receiver useless.:eek:

Is the main board battery field replaceable? Is it soldered on or does it have a socket? Also what information do I need to ask DSR922 sellers about the unit(s) they have for sale? I've heard the serial number contains valuable info such as year manufactured and that units with the integrated power cord are better. I've been watching EBay sales, does anybody know of any other sources of DSR922 units? I know about DSR920, DSR922 and DSR410s, are there any other 4DTV receivers?

BTW, forgive the scattered nature of this post but this whole 4DTV thing is new to me (no, I haven't been in coma for the last 10yrs - LOL) and its a little like cramming for a big exam you didn't know you were to have to take.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)