Good Books

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Mrs-MSmith198025 - What did you think about When the Wind Blows and the followup, The Lake House? I've read these two several times but can't for some reason bring myself to read the Maximum Ride series. My copy of When the Wind Blows is getting pretty worn but I'll never replace it as its a signed copy by Patterson.

Mrs-MSmith198025 - What did you think about When the Wind Blows and the followup, The Lake House? I've read these two several times but can't for some reason bring myself to read the Maximum Ride series. My copy of When the Wind Blows is getting pretty worn but I'll never replace it as its a signed copy by Patterson.

I enjoyed both of those very much. They are actually two of my favorite Patterson books. I have read them both a few times, although not recently.

I read the series, but honestly wasn't very impressed with it. They weren't bad, but they weren't nearly as great as When the Wind Blows and The Lake House..

I just finished Violets are Blue, Patterson, and went to pick up more of his books at the library. They had the 8th Confession waiting for me. It says on the front inside flap of the book that this book is the only installment for the Murder Club this year. What's up with that?

I also got Along Came a Spider, Lake Road, The Lake House and Cross. Hope these are all good.

How is The Host coming along, Mrs. Smith? I am still six people away from it being my turn, so that's at least another six weeks if no one renews it. Crazy!

I just finished Violets are Blue, Patterson, and went to pick up more of his books at the library. They had the 8th Confession waiting for me. It says on the front inside flap of the book that this book is the only installment for the Murder Club this year. What's up with that?

I also got Along Came a Spider, Lake Road, The Lake House and Cross. Hope these are all good.

How is The Host coming along, Mrs. Smith? I am still six people away from it being my turn, so that's at least another six weeks if no one renews it. Crazy!

Wow, that is crazy! I am almost finished with it. It is definitely a unique story, but I really like it!

I finished the 8th Confession yesterday. It was good. Sucks that it's the only Murder Club book that will be out this year.

I started Along Came a Spider. HiFi keeps making cracks at me that I'll need to go back to the library this weekend. Guess we'll see.

Finished Along Came A Spider, it was messed up, but so good. Started Cross today, I'm about half way through. I think I'm going to try and rent Along Came A Spider with Morgan Freeman in it. Just to see if it is as good as the book was.

Just read a great piece of non-fiction, Harry Truman's Excellent Adventure -- a story of the former president's road-trip from Independence, Missouri to NY in the summer of 1953, completely unaccompanied by security, it is a light read, but amazingly fun. Worth picking up. Hard to imagine an ex-president traveling like he did today.
David McCullough mentioned that trip in his bio of Truman, but like most everything else in his book, it's short and sweet -- well researched, with a ton of insight from letters and memos, but reads much like a textbook. If he had been more literary with the narration I think it would have been a true classic. But I enjoyed it because Truman faced a lot of the same problems that Obama faces now -- economy, divided Congress, unpopular war -- and I'm a political junkie as a hobby and occupation.

Two other great presidential bios -- "Traitor to His Class", FDR bio by H.W. Brands; and "Reagan - the Role of a Lifetime" by Lou Cannon.

I took back The Host. I tried getting into it more, but it was going to take me forever. I think I'll check it out again when it's not in high demand, maybe later this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)