Good Books

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For book series I really love - like anything Michael Connelly does - I buy the unabridged audible, and listen to it, and then about half-way through I also start reading the actual hardcover. It fleshes out stuff I might miss while listening. But this only works for really compelling authors and books.

I am doing it now with The Scarecrow; within 30 minutes of finishing the audio. I'll finish it this morning. :)

I read Twilight in a day, and then I had to have the rest. I was a late comer on the saga, didn't read Twilight until the last book had come out, so the next day I was at wal-mart buying the rest of them. I read one a day, cuz they were so good. I can still read them in a day each. But the movie, I like it, but only because I think edward is hot. I'm looking forward to the new movie coming out this year.

I've read the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I didn't like the DVC movie, but I haven't seen Angels and Demons yet.

Sounds like we had pretty much the same experience. I actually didn't start reading them until after the movie came out. I read all four in a week. My husband got to the point he didn't even try to talk to me because I was so involved in the books. I liked the movie as well (and yes he is hot!), I just thought they could have followed the book a little more closely than they did. I am anxious for the next movie. Judging by the trailer, I have a feeling it might be better than the first.

I haven't read or seen Angels & Demons yet. I have been meaning to get the book, as I have heard great reviews from some of my friends.

The first one is Naked In Death. I'm reading Seduction in Death now, but it doesn't take me long to read them cuz their so good, so I'll be done with it by tomorrow. Let me know when you've read one.

I always think the books are better than the movies, so if you know more movies that were books first, let me know.

I read Atonement not too long ago, and very much enjoyed it. Then I rented the movie. Tried to watch it on three different occasions and just couldn't get through it. Kept falling asleep.

And you can add me to the list of those who liked The DaVinci Code, and Twilight. the Twilight series has been taking me a while, because I'm doing it through the library. I'm waiting for the fourth one now, and I think by now there should only be a hundred or so people ahead of me!

My favorite book ever was made into a movie -- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. Very easy read - I think it's technically even classified as young adult fiction. And in I first read it when I was like 12 or so. Loved it. Still do. Re-read it once a year or so.

I read Atonement not too long ago, and very much enjoyed it. Then I rented the movie. Tried to watch it on three different occasions and just couldn't get through it. Kept falling asleep.

And you can add me to the list of those who liked The DaVinci Code, and Twilight. the Twilight series has been taking me a while, because I'm doing it through the library. I'm waiting for the fourth one now, and I think by now there should only be a hundred or so people ahead of me!

My favorite book ever was made into a movie -- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. Very easy read - I think it's technically even classified as young adult fiction. And in I first read it when I was like 12 or so. Loved it. Still do. Re-read it once a year or so.

I love The Outsiders. I read it in 7th grade, and I'm not proud of this, but my parents wouldn't buy it for me, so I took the copy the school gave me to read. I still have it, its one of my favorite books ever. Thanks for reminding me about it; I'm going to have to dig it out again.

I'm on the waiting list for The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I think it's down to one person ahead of me, but for now I'm reading I, Robot, I am Legend, and a book by J.D. Robb.

I read quite a bit, basically all fiction. I have several authors that I enjoy, but if I had to choose my top two they would be Tom Clancy and Lee Child. Most of Tom's really good books (that he wrote himself instead of cowriting or whatever the heck he is doing these days) came out before I got really into reading so I read those all together. Lee Child's books I started a few in and his are one of the few that I buy in hard back. In fact I just finished his new book (came out a few weeks ago) and loved it. I'm amazed how he can continue to develop a star character (Jack Reacher) the way that he does.

my two cents.....

W.E.B. Griffin
Brotherhood of war series (Army-Air core)
there are other series, marines, cops, spies.
all excellent!

I am currently reading "7th Heaven" by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro. If any of you are Patterson fans, it is part of the Womens Murder Club series. So far I'm loving it, but will give my final verdict when I'm finished (which will not be long!)

I am currently reading "7th Heaven" by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro. If any of you are Patterson fans, it is part of the Womens Murder Club series. So far I'm loving it, but will give my final verdict when I'm finished (which will not be long!)

She is reading it now....probably finish it tonight....yay:D

Does she keep reading until she's done, deep into the night? I do that and then I'm always more awake than tired when I finally finish it. I did that with the Twilight series and I wanted to go on to the next book without sleeping, but with two kids, I knew I had to get some sleep.

no love yet for john irving???

the world according to garp is my favorite book. read it over a dozen times. all his are great!!

also enjoy don delillo. underworld is engrossing. fallingman not so much

Does she keep reading until she's done, deep into the night? I do that and then I'm always more awake than tired when I finally finish it. I did that with the Twilight series and I wanted to go on to the next book without sleeping, but with two kids, I knew I had to get some sleep.

Yes, that is exactly what I do! I didn't finish last night though. I decided to actually get some sleep! I will, however, be finished with it today.

My favourite book

Well, I'm not reading anything so heavy. I'm rereading the last two Harry Potters. I love the Harry Potter series. But when I'm done with that I don't know what I'll start on.
Yeah, I totally agree with you!!:) I finished reading all of this series a year ago and I don't know what to read since then! I am looking forward to the movie of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in the next two weeks.

Yeah, I'm so excited. I'll probably go by myself to the movie.

I've started reading the 4th of July by James Patterson. I wanted to start with the first book but my library was out of the first three so I'm starting with the 4th. Kinda fitting tho given what this weekend is.

Yeah, I'm so excited. I'll probably go by myself to the movie.

I've started reading the 4th of July by James Patterson. I wanted to start with the first book but my library was out of the first three so I'm starting with the 4th. Kinda fitting tho given what this weekend is.

4th of July is a great book! I'm reading Swimsuit by James Patterson right now. It is very good so far! He is my favorite author, I've read pretty much every book he has written.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)