Good deal NFL-ST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got the 20 dollars a month off last month (July 15th to be exact) I was billed on July 8th. The CSR said no problem, I can apply the 20 dollar a month discount effective for July (Within an hour I had the discount on my account). My August bill came and the 20 dollar a month discount has not been applied to it. Am I the only one experiencing this? Anyone else see the same thing?

I experienced something similar. Because of the timing of when the credit was applied, and when my bill is paid (autopay), the credit will show up after the next statement (August) is paid. At least that is the way it was explained to me....................on the fourth attempt to get an answer. Will wait and see after this months bill is paid to see if the credit shows up. If not, may have to call and "cancel" NFLST.

I experienced something similar. Because of the timing of when the credit was applied, and when my bill is paid (autopay), the credit will show up after the next statement (August) is paid. At least that is the way it was explained to me....................on the fourth attempt to get an answer. Will wait and see after this months bill is paid to see if the credit shows up. If not, may have to call and "cancel" NFLST.

Yea, I saw the same thing - even though I made my "deal" nearly 2 weeks before the end of the billing period.

Have cancelled my autopay (for now) to make sure it gets straightened out next month.

Second year in a row I called and asked nicely, and they gave me the new customer deal. I already subscribe to TC Premier, so now I'm getting that free for five months, and paying for NFLST instead.

They threw in Superfan as well, so I'm basically saving $50 a month. They're paying me $250 to subscribe to Sunday Ticket!

I think they consider a number of things...how long you've been a customer (me...12 years), how much you pay them (I subscribe to MLBEI, NHLCI, NBALP, ESPN Full Court and pay for TC Premier), and if you pay your bills on time all the time (yes).

So, YMMV. And I think it helps to be nice on the phone.

Also, I think someone mentioned this here. I still have DNS service from LA (I am in NJ), even though I'm not sure if I'm still supposed to have them. They were not affected by this change to my programming package last year or this year.

Sandra

Was just offered $15 off a month for 6 months....how does that sound for a 3 month old customer? (actually a returning 2 year customer who left TWC hell....)

I've been a customer for less than a week. I had Choice Extra. I now have Premier for the same price w/ Sunday Ticket and Superfan free.

Got it....

I have been a customer for about 9 months now. Choice Xtra package w/2 HDDVR boxes. I just called and explained to the csr my beef that paying an extra $100 just for HD, a service I already pay for, did not seem like a legitimate charge. He said it's not just for HD and went through all the other stuff you get w/SF. I told him I wouldn't really be using any of those features and that I only want to watch my team. Only offered me SF for free, but that was all I wanted to begin with. My csr was very nice and I was nice to him as well.

Went round with the very nice lady, and ended up with starz and a discount for $5.00 a month for three months. Free Showtime for 6 months, and Sunday Ticket for $24 for six months with free super-fan.

There was a dropping price list of specials for Sunday ticket and super-fan, so if anyone wants to negotiate, do not take the first offer.
All in all, another pleasant experience with D* customer service.

Just wanted to give my 'Ole Miss' brethren his dues as I finally placed the call today (8-31) to cancel the Super-Fan & settled on the $10 off per month for six months & a discounted package that let's just say starts out at channel 59* for you folks that like puzzles.

Thanks again msmith for posting :angel:

I just(8/31) got $20 OFF for 6 Months + Free Superfan..

I just said I was calling to see if their was any deals for me.. He Checked and between the conversation I told him my friend (msmith) told me about a deal he got, and bam..

Thanks MSmith..

I called today as I did last year and asked politely for the current deal......they transferred me to retention (I never threatened to cancel) and they gave me the current deal. 5 free months of premier with purchase of Sunday ticket. I then took a shot at free superfan(got it free last year). This they wouldn't do but gave it to me for $75 instead. When all was said and done.....5 months of premier/Sunday ticket + superfan for $375. I'm a VERY happy customer. :)

when I call and tried to espn game plan for a deal they wouldn't even after they took 4 times out to set me up.
I currently have a case manager looking over my case is there anything I can say to neg... espn game plan or my package which I am new 59.99 5 months deal

Nothing going on here in over a week, well my gf is the account holder, so I went ahead and typed an email on her behalf, I've instructed her on what to do with the call back, I've been auto renewed at the that $44.95 for 6 mo so I guess that comes to around $269 or $270, only thing I'm after is free Superfan because being an HD subscriber, I feel that I should get the games in HD, we'll see what happens.

... only thing I'm after is free Superfan because being an HD subscriber, I feel that I should get the games in HD, we'll see what happens.

+1. That's one reason I called in August and got the free SF deal. I like DTV overall and have been a ST subs since my start with them in '99 but I don't like their "SF required for HD" policy.

It paid off, my girlfriend calls me at work and says you got SF and I was like cool. She said we have to pay the $20 bucks for 5 months but we get $10 off our bill for 12 months, so I'm getting ST w/ SF for a total of $249 which is not bad.

Yeah, she didn't even have to threaten to cancel, she said the girl was very nice, looked over our account and said have a nice day. I checked my bill online and it shows the $20 charge and the $10 12 month credit so I'm a happy camper. I'm sure I'm in the upper tier of their customers, I'm sure that means something but I could be wrong.

Yeah, she didn't even have to threaten to cancel, she said the girl was very nice, looked over our account and said have a nice day. I checked my bill online and it shows the $20 charge and the $10 12 month credit so I'm a happy camper. I'm sure I'm in the upper tier of their customers, I'm sure that means something but I could be wrong.

Glad you got the deal. I was able to get a deal on ST/SF this year...1st time I'd ever called DTV for any discount.

As far as understanding the parameters that the CSR's consider for a discount or credit, from what I've read on both sites, I don't see much of a pattern with it. There have been numerous posters that have said they're in the top tier of subs, that haven't been able to get a ST/SF discount. I think it was "Stonecold" that mentioned the CSR's also look at a customer's discount/credit history and that could determine if someone receives an additional discount for ST/SF.

This was first thing that was ever "given" to us just by asking, anything that we've got in the past was from a mess up on their end, like charging for 4 months on 1 months bill, I told them they were lucky I had money in the bank to cover it and so we got a little something out of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts