Good deal NFL-ST

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well going to try getting the free Premier deal for the third time this year. Hopefully they will be merciful. I've had the deal every year since becoming a D* customer in '06.

I tried calling over the weekend, and was offered $5.00 a month off my bill for 6 months. On the second call, I was offered $75.00 worth of discounts over 6 months. The third phone call, was $60.00 in credits. I decided to wait until the normal weekday business hours, and today the CSR from the "premium save team" only wanted me to say that I was considering cancelling my Sunday Ticket, which I've had since the first year it was offered, and immediately gave me the free Superfan with $20.00 credits for 6 months. He asked if I was considering cancelling the package, I told him no. He then re-phrased his question, asking if I was calling to cancel my Sunday Ticket, and I got the hint, and said yes. He then laughed and told me that was all he needed to hear. This is why I love Directv, and anyone who has problems with customer service need only call back to get the resolution you need.

Just wondering, do we get live pre-season games with ST?

not as good as some the others....

I got superfan for free, and $10 month credit. So it's still less than I paid last year. Thanks to the OP for the heads up.:)

I also just called and got 10 credit for 6 months, plus superfan at no charge. I tried to push for a $20.00 credit, and she said the computer was not allowing it. I mentioned other ("friends") who received 20.00 and she still said she was not able to do so. She then told me that she could add 3 months of Starz for free. I considered pushing for a supervisor to get the 20 dollar credit, but I figured that I was fairly satisfied with the deal so I took it. The whole thing took 5 minutes, and I didn't have to call back over and over just to get an extra 10.00 credit per month.

It's a much better deal than I had last year, so I'm pleased. Thanks all for the heads up!

Come on guys, you know that according to all of the Dish people that Directv does not give out the discounts like this. ;)

When my Sunday Ticket came up for renewal a couple of months ago, I called and inquired about games in HD. I was told that I "didn't" need SuperFan this year to get all the games in HD. The csr told me that since I'm a subscriber to the HD programming tier, superfan was no longer needed to get all my ST games in HD. Being the skeptic that I am, I called again the next day and reconfirmed...no superfan needed for the HD games this year. Since I can't find any information on the net stating this fact, I will have to call again tomarrow.
Bullet

That'd be pretty sweet. Last year I didnt realize that being an HD subscriber with HD receivers and sunday ticket wouldnt get me the games in HD and that SF was required.

Since it worked the first week, it wasnt until week two that the HD channels went away.

They'd had a deal where they were giving SF away for free, but by the time I realized I needed it, they no longer had the deal... :p

You can sure tell that we are in some tough time this year. Directv is offering better deals for exsiting subs than they have ever done in the past.

Here is what I received and i have not had ST for the past two years.

ST = $59.99 (5 Months)
Premium = $0 (free for 5 months)
HD = $0 (free for 12 months)
Extra Credits = -$10 (12 month credit)

So I get ST, Premium and HD for $49.99 for the first 5 months. After that I go back to my original package and still get $20 worth of credits for the next 7 months. The only thing they would not budge on is Super Fan right now. I guess if I need to pay the $100 for that it would not be the end of the world. I might just try to call back one more time to see if I can get that also by talking with another rep.

I'm a D* sub since 98 and I'm not having any luck. I called 5 times and only had one csr give me free super fan.:mad: I will keep trying.

Just keep trying. If you are having problems just say cancel to the voice prompts. This is all I did. Once I got to a rep, I just stated that I was looking at specials with ST and then mentioned the new customer deal. I never once told the rep that I wanted to cancel after getting through the voice prompts.

Yesterday, I called and got free Superfan saving me a hundred bucks. I guess I could have pushed it for more discounts, but I'm glad I at least got something. Thanks for the heads up...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)