Good diplexer to use with HR-22 and AM21?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Maquis

Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
I have a couple of older Terk diplexers that I have been trying to use with my new SWM install (with two HR-22s) , but I lose my Directv signal when I have them plugged in.

Anyone recommend a diplexer they know will work with a SWM install?

I've tried Eagle Aspen and others...I couldn't get any to work since SWM technology uses the standard sat freqs along with under 5 Mhz for SWM commands.

Diplexers don't work to well because Swm and the antenna frequencies are pretty much the same. Can't have same frequency on same line from two different sources. Have you ever tried playing with two remote control cars which were both 27mhz or 49mhz. Doesn't work. Same thing with DTV signals. You can diplex a standard signal off a 18" dish all day long but when you go hi def the frequencies are the same and the diplexer can't decide how to split the signal back off.

I use the OTA input on my SWM8 and diplex out at the STB/TV and have no problems. I have seen some reports that if you have stations in the VHF-Lo band there might be problems, maybe that's why I don't have any issues since my lowest OTA station is 7 which is in VHF-Hi.

BTW, the diplexer is a Channel Master 4001FD Diplexer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)