Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am looking for another C/KU band Dish as it appears it will be two month before Sadoun will have the Dish I ordered in stock.

I have been searching the net and will post some of the ones I find here for your opinion.

http://www.dvbhardware.com/product_info.php?products_id=84

Does the giant hole in the center of the Dish do it any harm? I have never seen a dish like that before. The model is a GeoSatPro 2.4 Meter Prime Focus Dish.

Here it is again, a little cheaper here.

GEOSAT PRO 240cm C and KU Band Satellite Dish

Here is a review of it... looks like maybe SatelliteAV stocks this dish... hmmm. :D

http://www.dvbresource.com/dishes/geosat2.4meter/geosat_2.4_meter_1.html

Yes SatelliteAV does have this dish... :)

I would rather buy this froma sponsor. :D

Hopefully Brian can chime in here. :D

That hole would be shadowed by the scalar ring. (a blind spot blocked by the scalar ring from seeing the satellite)

no problem there, IMO...

It's not a 12 footer :)

the one I ordered from sadoun is backordered for two months and there is no guarentee it will be in then.

I can't wait that long and only have limited time when I can put it in

the full kit:

There are a couple of favorable reviews of the GeoSat 2.4m dish on our forum.
I came within an inch of buying one last year, I was so impressed. :up

And, I believe DVBsource, is a dealer for SatelliteAV, so pretty much same difference.
(buy from Brian) - :cool:

You'll still need a motor to move it. Sadoun calls 'em Actuators.
Then, you'll want his Gbox v3000 to run the motor (accept no substitutes).
Link to Gbox in my sig.

For an LNB and feedhorn on C & Ku bands, get the Ck-1 from SatAV or Sadoun, or get the DMX741 from WSI/Galaxy.
Either will require a bit of delicate alignment for Ku, but both have proven themselves with forum users.

If you just wanted C-band only, then the C2 from SatAV is a no-brainer.
It can be expanded to multiple receivers in the future, quite simply.

If you need to feed multiple receiver from both bands, then an orthomode ADL, or Chaparral Bullseye II would need to be outfitted with two C-band LNBs and two Ku-band LNBs, and followed by a multiswitch.

Last edited:
That dish is pretty decent, gains from what I observed ( I am local to DVB Hardware) and was able to see this dish personally and signal levels were very similar to my kinda beat up 10 foot button hook, definitely better on Ku.

A buddy of mine purchased a 6' DH dish, it's pretty nice, a 2.4 meter DH would be a nice choice, that's another option to look into.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)