Good Friday Shocker - MASN Added to E*

Did you check in the past to see if you could get the O's on Extra Innings or ESPN? I was always blacked out on EI for the O's and last Tuesday when the O's played on ESPN2. If you weren't blacked out, you may not be in MASN territory.

I live just 30 miles from D.C. and Dish told me that my zip code doesn't qualify for MASN1 or MASN2. I can get CSN though. I told them to put me back to the regular AT100 instead of the plus. There must be a very small area where those channels qualify.

It is an RSN you have to be in the area or have mutisports. Ia m shocked---but ina good way for once.

I live just 30 miles from D.C. and Dish told me that my zip code doesn't qualify for MASN1 or MASN2. I can get CSN though. I told them to put me back to the regular AT100 instead of the plus. There must be a very small area where those channels qualify.

30 miles from DC and don't qualify? That's bizarre. I'm sure if you add multi sports pack you'll get both of them.

It is an RSN you have to be in the area or have mutisports. Ia m shocked---but ina good way for once.

Me and you both, I was flipping through the guide before I left tonight and saw MASN and MASN 2 and I was like :eek: :eek: "has hell frozen over"? LOL Very pleased with E* right now

Did you check in the past to see if you could get the O's on Extra Innings or ESPN? I was always blacked out on EI for the O's and last Tuesday when the O's played on ESPN2. If you weren't blacked out, you may not be in MASN territory.

Dish network subs don't get EI.

30 miles from DC and don't qualify? That's bizarre. I'm sure if you add multi sports pack you'll get both of them.
They should tell people that 100+ only if in very limited areas. I'm not sure getting the sports pack will give me the channels either. They said it goes by zip code. Doesn't matter what package you have.

They should tell people that 100+ only if in very limited areas. I'm not sure getting the sports pack will give me the channels either. They said it goes by zip code. Doesn't matter what package you have.

You'll definitely get the channels with multisports, but I was referring to the actual games being in the clear which they should be. What the CSR was referring to was MASN and MASN2 don't come with your basic package, you'll have to have the $5 multisport pack to get the games which IMO is worth it for 324 baseball games.

congrats to all you guys that have been waiting on MASN...now back to our regularly scheduled missing HD RSN complaints (Bring on SNY-HD!!!...they were advertising tonight that all home games to be in HD...home opener 4/9) :)

I'm in Richmond VA, and they both come in so E* is screwing up somewhere. PQ is just bad as compressed locals.

Wel, that was a pleasant surprise. I had been out and about and didn't know until I sat down and watched the Orioles on 13 and saw a crawl about it. I checked DISH, didn't have the channels even after a reset, and called.

The channels popped up while I was on hold with Tech Support. I spent the rest of the evening using side by side PiP to watch both games. DISH was running a couple of seconds behind 13 when I checked out of curiousity.

PQ is really soft, but I think it's better than CSN is.

I wonder why MASN2 rates a dedicated channel instead of just another "ALT"?

I also think DISH screwed up at the end of the Nats game. Isn't there a post game show even on MASN2? MASN2 went right back to the DISH logo when the game broadcast ended.

Wel, that was a pleasant surprise. I had been out and about and didn't know until I sat down and watched the Orioles on 13 and saw a crawl about it. I checked DISH, didn't have the channels even after a reset, and called.

The channels popped up while I was on hold with Tech Support. I spent the rest of the evening using side by side PiP to watch both games. DISH was running a couple of seconds behind 13 when I checked out of curiousity.

PQ is really soft, but I think it's better than CSN is.

I wonder why MASN2 rates a dedicated channel instead of just another "ALT"?

I also think DISH screwed up at the end of the Nats game. Isn't there a post game show even on MASN2? MASN2 went right back to the DISH logo when the game broadcast ended.

Well it's almost 10:30 am, and I'm still not getting either of the channels. I also did a reset, made certain I was on "ALL" channels, and turned the 942 off so it would be sure to update. I jump from 424 (CSNMA) directly to 455. Between those two channels, I get a blue screen telling me about special programming that can't be purchased. It's got to be several channels like that because I have to press upchannel many times to get to 455. Just reset again. Still nothing. Think i'll call.

The same thing happened to me. I had to also subscribe to the sprots pak to get the two MASN's. 100+ would get me CSN but not the other two. Another way of getting more money from you. Tech support said my zip code didn't qualify for the RSN's with just the 100+. I had to add the sports pak and now I get both of them.

The same thing happened to me. I had to also subscribe to the sprots pak to get the two MASN's. 100+ would get me CSN but not the other two. Another way of getting more money from you. Tech support said my zip code didn't qualify for the RSN's with just the 100+. I had to add the sports pak and now I get both of them.

yeah,... that makes sense in your case, but i have their everything pack!

contrary to what you mighte expect, the everything pack does not include "everything".

OH,... don't i know that. i've always wondered why they called it everything. I was just saying that DISH forcing us to buy-up to get MASN with a 100 makes a little more sense than forcing us to buy-up to get an in-market RSN with an everything pack.

But I got it now. Called DISH and apparently doing a reset doesn't always fix everything. Tech had me unplug the unit and all was right. According to him, not only did the receiver need to reset,... the switch (44) had to reset also. Unpluging one of the units forces the switch to reset. I didn't have to unplug the other two units, and they also now get MASN!

Last edited:
It's just as bad as CSMA. Someone hit a blooper into left field; due the checker squared field patterns, massive artifacting occurred.

I watched the replay of the Nats/DBacks game last night at midnight, looked pretty darn good.

And that Yankees/Orioles game was fantastic this afternoon!

MASN--Finally

Yeah, looked fine for me too. Hey jrbdmb--are you getting MASN and MASN2 yet? I'm in Southcentral PA as well (about 5 miles east of Gettysburg) and am getting them both fine.

Another option for you VA-DC-MD based customers who are not getting MASN is to "move". You may find a zip code that holds the same locals while also getting the MASN's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts