Good Friday Shocker - MASN Added to E*

What sets are we talking about? The Masn games look washed out (but watchable if our a fan of either team) on a CRT set but not on my LCD. I do not see the jitter problem on Dish's SNY feed during Mets games.

Do I think MASN looks great? Heck, no. Can I watch it? Heck, yeah.

If the game is a Channel 13 or 20 simulcast, I'll certainly watch there for the lower compression and sharper picture.

I don't have the sports pack and can't compare it to anything other than CSN and the basic sports stuff. On my Hitachi plasma, it certainly shows all those telltale compression symptoms-although I thought last night's pics on MASN2 looked better than any previous Oriole game broadcast.

Maybe it's the fact that baseball is more stationary, but I find MASN much more watchable than any live sport on CSNMA, CSTV, or ESPNU. The Wizards and Caps are one big blur to me.

ceo@echostar.com. they will at last look into it and respons. they won't just reada script.

Thanks. I'd also go to masnsports.com or masn.tv and send them an email through the "contact us" block asking if they are aware of this and for an explanation. They never responded when I was just whining about not having MASN on DISH, but when I complained about a blackout I thought was wrong, they did respond.

Thanks. I'd also go to masnsports.com or masn.tv and send them an email through the "contact us" block asking if they are aware of this and for an explanation. They never responded when I was just whining about not having MASN on DISH, but when I complained about a blackout I thought was wrong, they did respond.

What was their response?

What was their response?

I was complaining about my zip, as well as most of the Baltimore area, being blacked out for a Nats game that was on channel 20 since neither DISH nor Comcast offers channel 20 to us as a local. A gentleman named Jim Buckle contacted me by email late last week to get all the particulars and is still looking into it.

I talked to two different CSR's and they both looked up my zip code and it was one that does not qualify for for the MASN local channels. I can get both MASN's, just not the local sports. They rattled off several zip codes and mine fell within those listed. My RSN is comcast sports net. Strange how a competing tv provider is my DISH RSN. I have read elsewhere that there are indeed certain pockets of areas (around D.C)where the MASN local sports programs are not available.

Call MASN at 1-877-469-6276.... they will give you the answer in whether you should be getting MASN games from Dish.

Did You know that when I typed in your zipcode on MASN website and said you had Direct-TV, it told me that MASN1 was on channel 626 and MASN2 was on channel 671?

So you can get MASN games on Direct-TV but not Dish... I wonder if Dish has mess up?

Believe it or not they do not always have identical coverage areas. So it sia good idea to check with both sides.

Believe it or not they do not always have identical coverage areas. So it sia good idea to check with both sides.

It's true that RSNs don't always have identical coverage areas and it's also true that CSRs don't always have all the facts and that companies like DISH do, on occasion, screw up.

In fact, when I first phoned MASN about the channel 20 blackout, their CSR started reading me the "Call DISH and tell them to get MASN" memo. I had to explain to her that DISH had it as of the day before and I wanted to be able to see it. She was completely unaware that the deal had been signed.

I would really like to hear something definitive from DISH and MASN on this; mainly because I find it hard to believe that MASN, known for playing hardball in its other negotiations, let Charlie off with partial coverage and allowed an exclusion of territory in what is practically a DC suburb.

From the ZIP codes listed at mlb.com, the Nats and O's have the exact same territory. (I thought at one point the orioles might get Baltimore and northeast Maryland exclusively, but the ZIPs don't show that.

Now, did Dish do a deal with MASN where Baltimore and area don't get to see the Nats? Dunno, best to check with MASN on that (you'll get nowhere fast fast trying to get info from Dish).

From the ZIP codes listed at mlb.com, the Nats and O's have the exact same territory. (I thought at one point the orioles might get Baltimore and northeast Maryland exclusively, but the ZIPs don't show that.

Now, did Dish do a deal with MASN where Baltimore and area don't get to see the Nats? Dunno, best to check with MASN on that (you'll get nowhere fast fast trying to get info from Dish).

No, we've seen the Nats every night except when the game was on DC's ch.20. On that night, both Washington and Baltimore were blacked out despite the fact that cable and DISH don't make channel 20 available to Baltimore subscribers. I'm one of the few people in my area who has maintained a large outdoor antenna, so I actually can get channel 20 via OTA.

A much larger concern is the number of zip codes which seem to be excluded by DISH from receiving MASN in what seems to be an almost random manner. A zip code only 30 miles south of DC is excluded. A zipcode about 50 miles from Baltimore is excluded. Zips a couple of hundred miles from DC and Baltimore are not.

The MASN plan was always that the two teams share the market and that both be shown equally throughout the region, BTW.

I think the zip code data bases are not current and that is one cause of the problem. My subdivision, 30 miles south of D.C. is only about two years old and was given its own code. When I had Comcast, I had to plug in the Dale City zip code to get a program guide. My zip code was unlisted or not known. I think the tables need to be updated at the central hub of where they broadcast the signal.

I just got an email from Mr. Jim Buckle of MASN saying that my zip code was added to their database and I should be able to see the Nats and Orioles games soon if not by now. He said If I don't see the games by the end of the week, to email him direct.

I just got an email from Mr. Jim Buckle of MASN saying that my zip code was added to their database and I should be able to see the Nats and Orioles games soon if not by now. He said If I don't see the games by the end of the week, to email him direct.

Jim Buckle's the man!!

You'll probably have to get the Multi-Sport package. I believe it's only in Top 200 and above if you are in MD, NC, VA, WV
This is nuts..I live near Charlotte,NC and I get 4 RSN's...Fox South, Sports South(formerly Turner South) MASN and MASN2... Also as an added bonus I get all the Reds games televised on FOX Sports Cincy....
I can see Braves(all games) Reds games on FOX Sports Cin, Nationals on MASN, Orioles on MASN, Hurricanes on FOX South, Caps games on MASN....No Hawks, Wizards,Thrashers or Predators though...Oh well...

I have the america's everything pack...I don't see it on my TV...(again I am in CT) do I need the multi sports package to get this channel or is multi sports package already in the America's everything package?
A word of caution.....All out of market games will be blacked out..so if you are thinking of subbing to the multi sport pack with the ideaof getting say Orioles games, you won't...
Many people to this day still do not understand that out of market pro sports are avaiable only with the purchase of ther necessary sports pack, e.g MLB EI, NHL CI etc...

I live just 30 miles from D.C. and Dish told me that my zip code doesn't qualify for MASN1 or MASN2. I can get CSN though. I told them to put me back to the regular AT100 instead of the plus. There must be a very small area where those channels qualify.

I'm in NC near Charlote and I get both channels...What's your zip?..I am willing to bet a bunch of coin the info you got is bad..30 miles?...I don't see how that is possible...

Just checked again ... I have both MASNs. All all live Orioles games are blacked out, but the replays are in the clear. :what I couldn't find any Nats games in the next few days, but if I remember the live games on the weekend were blacked out as well.

This is for a Chambersburg PA ZIP (17201). A "move" to the east towards Gettyburg might get me more baseball, but then I'd lose the D.C. / Harrisburg locals that I currently get. :(

(Or maybe I need to reset my receivers again.)

Edit - apparently everyone is getting to see Orioles replays in the clear, so it would appear that Franklin County PA is not considered part of MASN "home" territory. Disappointing, considering that the county is part of the D.C. DMA and I could see Orioles games in the clear last year on CSN-MidAtlantic. I guess an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com is appropriate to confirm this.
That's screwey..According to the info I have 17201 is in the territories of the O's Nats and Pirates..You should be getting the O's and Nats live games..Something is wrong there..I live near Charlotte .NC have MASN and get these games live..Now is MASN showing up on your guide as a "home" RSN or do you subscribe to the multi sport pack to get this service?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts