Good HD News

I have noticed that too, and I hate it. Obviously they had plenty of real HD content before. I am just wondering - is this just old content, or some sinister plot by E* or HGTV/Food to save money, conserve bandwidth or what. Sad if this trend continues.

I would really like to know if D* customers have noticed the same thing...anyone know?

From engadget (click), everyone was so excited when it was first announced - many thinking it meant two channels, but now cold reality has set in...

but this is about good HD news, hmmm, let's see... um... hrm... today is day closer to soon :D

Just think about things with a good mindset... one Wednesday you'll look at the uplink report and have a heart attack because of all the activity. :) (I can dream)

Just think about things with a good mindset... one Wednesday you'll look at the uplink report and have a heart attack because of all the activity. :) (I can dream)

You guys might not be far off. History has shown that Dish is very reactionary when it comes to things like this. For example, many of us waited and waited and waited for our HD RSN's to be turned on. Then, when Dish lost the ability to offer MLBEI suddenly they started turning on HD RSN's. This was no doubt in response to the MLBEI situation.

With the bad PR following the AMC14 failure we could finally see some action. I don't know about all of the national HD channels being turned on within a couple of weeks but IMHO we will definitely see something by next week.

Last edited:
You guys might not be far off. History has shown that Dish is very reactionary when it comes to things like this. For example, many of us waited and waited and waited for our HD RSN's to be turned on. Then, when Dish lost the ability to offer MLBEI suddenly they started turning on HD RSN's. This was no doubt in response to the MLBEI situation.

With the bad PR following the AMC14 failure we could finally see some action. I don't know about all of the national HD channels being turned on within a couple of weeks but IMHO we will definitely see something by next week.

Some people had been requesting Oxygen for years, then when Dish dropped Lifetime (briefly), Oxygen showed up almost overnight.

Yes, Charlie sometimes just pulls things out of his hat... but only when it suits him.

Somehow this isn't as re-assuring as one would think it should be... :)

Is this the weekly D* troll thread? :D:D:D

No point for that post. Please don't respond to this one.

I think that the post asking about when the next Chuck Chat is may be on to something. He needs to have some good news to offset this miserable week. Reactionary or not, I suspect something gets done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts