Good HD News

Good news, at least they haven't gotten rid of any HD.

edit: Oh wait, I forgot about Food and HGTV which became simulcasts, effectively getting rid of what used to be two full-time HD channels. But that's not Dish's fault.

Last edited:
Good news, at least they haven't gotten rid of any HD.

edit: Oh wait, I forgot about Food and HGTV which became simulcasts, effectively getting rid of what used to be two full-time HD channels. But that's not Dish's fault.

Pepper,

Correct, but alot of the content on HGTV HD before the switch was stretched content. How do I know, I like the Flip this house and MANY episodes of this show on HGTV HD (before the switch) was stretched more on the sides, so when the the show Panned an entire room you could see the wobble at the sides of the screen.

John

Pepper,

Correct, but alot of the content on HGTV HD before the switch was stretched content. How do I know, I like the Flip this house and MANY episodes of this show on HGTV HD (before the switch) was stretched more on the sides, so when the the show Panned an entire room you could see the wobble at the sides of the screen.

John

I barely ever saw anything stretched on HGTV Hd or Food HD. But now... its also d#$% stretched, it is lame. particularly Food. Emeril is fat enough, but fat and stretched is too much. :)

But as far as good HD news... anticipation is good, it builds character :)

I barely ever saw anything stretched on HGTV Hd or Food HD. But now... its also d#$% stretched, it is lame.

I have noticed that too, and I hate it. Obviously they had plenty of real HD content before. I am just wondering - is this just old content, or some sinister plot by E* or HGTV/Food to save money, conserve bandwidth or what. Sad if this trend continues.

I would really like to know if D* customers have noticed the same thing...anyone know?

Cleveland finally has HD LiL! I got a call last night telling me the great news - 2 days after I already knew thanks to SatGuys. :)

Unfortunately I won't be taking their offer for a 61.5 wing dish because I added D* and three dishes is just too much. I'm really happy for my fellow Clevelanders though!

I'm happy for those getting HD locals, but since the next ice age will hit before Dish adds our HD locals (our DMA is ranked #102). For what it's worth, Direct is adding our locals in HD this year.

That all being said, I really really really want Dish to start adding some HD. Since I came back to Dish last October, they have added a whopping THREE national channels, TBS-HD, NBA-HD, and NHL-HD. In the same amount of time, Direct has added around 50 channels. Makes a person think that maybe they made the wrong decision...

Anyhow, I'm staying with Dish, because I still trust that they'll give us all the HD we crave someday. Plus, I'm under contract for another 12 months :p :)

I now return you to your good news... I really do hope we get some good news anon (fancy word for soon).

I'm happy for those getting HD locals, but since the next ice age will hit before Dish adds our HD locals (our DMA is ranked #102). For what it's worth, Direct is adding our locals in HD this year.

That all being said, I really really really want Dish to start adding some HD. Since I came back to Dish last October, they have added a whopping THREE national channels, TBS-HD, NBA-HD, and NHL-HD. In the same amount of time, Direct has added around 50 channels. Makes a person think that maybe they made the wrong decision...

Anyhow, I'm staying with Dish, because I still trust that they'll give us all the HD we crave someday. Plus, I'm under contract for another 12 months :p :)

I now return you to your good news... I really do hope we get some good news anon (fancy word for soon).

Yeah, but Dish only has to add 4 HD networks per area, times 25 areas, to get 100 MORE HD CHANNELS, keeping them the HD LEADER! :eek:

Yes, I'm being sarcastic. hehe.