good news for voom if you live in ohio

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
ohio
hey guys and gals, just got off the phone with voom csr today, thru the end of this month they are offering voom for 399, half off the price, that sears wants, im on the band wagon now, free programming for a month and if not satisfied get my money back 100%, will be installed in 2 weeks, to see if it is available in your state, contact 1-800-get-voom, no rebate or nothing needed and the extra receivers are only 199 also, but i only have 1 high def tv now, im keeping directv also, but cutting it back to total choice plus, until voom comes out with more channels, im glad i waited, what a deal!!!

Shaun-Ohio,

welcome to the board. Great deal you got! let us know how your installation goes and how you like VOOM.

Is Ohio the only state or just selected states? Perhaps they have a lack of installers in some states therefore it would cost them more to get an installer to come out to do the installation.

The current promotion is for 10 states:
CA
NY
IL
MA
MI
NC
TX
OH
VIRGINIA
MN

It falls unde family/friends promotion. Just say that someone you know got the promotion and that you are interested in it. The other promotion is that if you bought a HDTV within February (I believe). See this Thread for details.

Oh well, guess I will not be getting Voom anytime soon. I dont live that far from Ohio but I guess that makes no difference.

Wow, it gets more tempting. However, I just got waivers from WBNS so that Direct is now giving me both the NY and LA HD feeds!

It is pretty nice getting CBS via Direct and from what I hear, FOX will be added shortly. This is obviously a great advantage to me over what VOOM is offering.

Anyone here wondering why it is taking so long for HBO? That is my favorite premium channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)