Good News on RTV!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got off the phone with Henry Luken the owner of Luken Communications, the parent of such FTA favorites such as RTV, TuffTV and My Family TV and have some very exciting news that he wanted me to share with all SatelliteGuys members...

Coming SOON Mr. Luken will begin broadcasting all national feeds of his stations in DVB-S format! He is doing this as he see's a lot of SatelliteGuys members are having issues tuning into his DVB-S2 Signals and in addition he believes that television should be FREE.

He is just waiting for the rest of the MPEG2 encoding equipment to arrive and then the new transponder will light up for all of us to enjoy.

In addition he let me in on a secret of something he is working on that will launch in approxamately 17 months that will turn the Free To Air market a blaze! I don't want to show his hand yet on this one... but let me tell you it is VERY... VERY exciting!

I thank Mr. Luken for the call and for sharing the big news with SatelliteGuys members first!

Coming SOON Mr. Luken will begin broadcasting all national feeds of his stations in DVB-S format! He is doing this as he see's a lot of SatelliteGuys members are having issues tuning into his DVB-S2 Signals and in addition he believes that television should be FREE.
woo hoo!

...Coming SOON Mr. Luken will begin broadcasting all national feeds of his stations in DVB-S format!

I bet that'll bring a lot of older receivers out of storage! Time to dust 'em off & hook 'em back up.

...and in addition he believes that television should be FREE...

Sounds like our kind of guy!

...In addition he let me in on a secret of something he is working on that will launch in approxamately 17 months that will turn the Free To Air market a blaze!...

Hmmm. Now that's one heck of a teaser. :)

Cheers

quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski

...In addition he let me in on a secret of something he is
working on that will launch in approxamately 17 months that will turn the Free
To Air market a blaze!...
Hmmm. Now that's one heck of a teaser

Or just some free d............ BS........... LMAO! I just had to say that! ;) Have a great day!

Hopefully he can get some more of the classic shows. I like RTV, but the programming is not what it used to be.

If Mr.Luken is reading these messages, Thank You for bringing programming to us FTA addicts. Can you post some pictures to the Inside RTV section of your website.

(Captain RTN is keeping an eye on the TV)

Last edited:
Coming SOON Mr. Luken will begin broadcasting all national feeds of his stations in DVB-S format!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... TUFF TV and RTV are already in DVB-S format. Good enough for FTA'ers.

The real issue might be the mom and pop tv stations out there who are too stupid or too cheap to buy the right equipment to tune a DVB-S2 feed. A local station here was supposed to launch RTV but never did and I assume it's because they didn't have good enough equipment to tune their custom DVB-S2 feed on AMC3. Another station is supposed to be starting RTV soon so we might have actually found some competant station engineer who can tune a satellite feed to bring RTV to the area.

If some of the custom station feeds went DVB-S, that would make things a little more dummyproof for the mom/pop'ers as the dish size and alignment to get good enough signal to lock would not be as critical.

So is this a hint that Mr. Luken is going to be part of FreeDBS and that all these things we heard about FreeDBS were true? Hmm, they have it stated as 17 months away? Could this be a new satellite launch just for FTA or a satellite that they plan on using FTA on that will be launched at that time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts