Good News on RTV!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Uhhhhh, NO. It looked like gibberish to me, and DAMNED if I am going to be out-gibberished. Its a point of pride. Call it a weakness. :D

that explains it, ya got me good, first thing i noticed was it had letters after f, and in hex, f is the last letter used. but i still tried several ways to decode it and came up with nothing, probably about scratched a raw spot into my head trying to figure it out. lol;)

Well I'll be glad to see the switch from S2 when it happens. I've had limited success getting RTV on 87 W with an 8footer. Well I got it once or twice this year anyway lol..Not sure what's gonna happen in 17 months but I'm ready.

Let us not forget that they are supposed to be replacing the satellite with a brand new one very soon! That might help matters too! :D

Always great to see communications between the FTA crowd and Broadcasters. We are an audience for their programming, maybe we don't have the numbers like the subscription services do but we seem to have some affect on some of the companies who's signals we watch. I've seen it here and on other forums where we (FTAers) have helped them out with signal reports and the like. We might be seeing a bit of a result of those good deeds... Also we watch the commercials like the regular viewers do... that likely counts too.
-C.

Luken has a second mux on AMC 7 at 4080 H 29125. It's DVB-S. They've been testing it for a few weeks.
Not many channels on it at the moment though.

Luken has a second mux on AMC 7 at 4080 H 29125. It's DVB-S. They've been testing it for a few weeks.
Not many channels on it at the moment though.

Just scanned it, PBJ East is broadcasting at the moment. :) Nice low satellite (low snow collection in the winter), c band (no rain fade)... I like it :D

Well I'll be glad to see the switch from S2 when it happens. I've had limited success getting RTV on 87 W with an 8footer. Well I got it once or twice this year anyway lol..Not sure what's gonna happen in 17 months but I'm ready.
The S2 RTV will still be up there, but this MUX will be put up there just for us the FTA community and it will only contain the national feeds of all the Luken Channels. :)

I was watching AMC9 last night and right around 11 p.m. EST the signal strength went way down. Is that something they do, or was it just conditions? I thought maybe they reduced power or used spot beams during certain times? I've been having some trouble with RTV on Ku band. I thought it might be trees, but last night I had a good strong signal, until it dropped, and this morning it's strong again.

Damn I hope that is not it as I can only see over to 131. :(

Thats why my 12 foot dish is on a 18 foot pole, to see over the neighbors house & tree's. ;) Time some of you guys break out the chainsaw and have it meet with the trees. :) A little C4 may help too :rolleyes:

Watched PBJ for a couple hours on 137 in DVB-S. Solid as a rock.:)

that explains it, ya got me good, first thing i noticed was it had letters after f, and in hex, f is the last letter used. but i still tried several ways to decode it and came up with nothing, probably about scratched a raw spot into my head trying to figure it out. lol;)

I KNEW someone would do that, thats why I did it...LOL

A little C4 may help too ...

That reminds me of a brochure someone sent me from DuPont about "Farming with Dynamite". One of the wonderful virtues of the product was that when used for tree removal, dynamite blows the whole stump out of the ground, avoiding the difficult labor of removing the stump at a later time, after the traditional method of cutting is used.

137 is waaaay too low for me. Darn trees have me in a green pit looking almost straight up. :(

Well I'll be glad for anything additional PBJ would be nice. Anything past 127W isn't workable for me in the summer anymore. The trees across the road (about 250 feet away) block any signal. I just moved the dish over to the west about a foot because of a tree, so I could get some of the other stuff on 87W...still no RTN for me on AMC3. These folks around me love their stupid trees and me well I've cut most of mine down lol...Blind

I guess I'm in the minority here. I can see from about 150 west to about 40 west. Nothing in the way of anything. I had a tree that the neighbor had a few years back when I was going to plant my first dedicated ku dish and was making plans where to put it. About a week later the tree disappeared by itself. the neighbor cut it down. I was like COOL! :D

I think they should stick to improving RTV rather than branching out. I just don't buy the idea that sticking with the Universal programming suddenly meant more scrambling. I think they are trying to keep us interested but this company is too underfinanced to continue operations and increeasing the number of offerings would make it worse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts