Good News on RTV!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
update on the 137W channels

Channels log in as
TUFE (tuff tv)...black screen
FTVE (my family tv)...a "technical difficulties" slate
PBJE (PBJ)..programming...looked like Lone Ranger
FGOE (unknown????)...RTV technical difficulties slate
LUC2 (assume test card)...color bars
RTVE (RTV)...showing RTV programming
QC1 (assume another test card)..had some poker show on

David The Gnome would be a great show to put on the kids channel.

The series does much to encourage children to treat the environment with respect. The first episode begins with real images of contamination and destruction, contrasted later with the anti-materialism and pacifism of the gnomes.
During the series, different animals are shown and information is given on their behavior and customs, which is usually well documented. The same thing happens with the medical situations David is faced with.
A lesson in the initial credits of each episode reminds us that nobody is better by being bigger.

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/64-the-world-of-david-the-gnome/

Last edited:
Ok, here is a wishlist of stuff I watched years ago that I think would do well.

Scott, could you please forward this list to Mr. Luken?

For the kids channel first (and probably some of the easiest and cheapest to get):

Eureeka's Castle
Muppet Babies
Inspector Gadget
David the Gnome
Reading Rainbow
Shining Time Station
Today's Special
Adventures of the Little Koala
Square One TV
Mr. Wizard's World
Noozles
3-2-1 Contact!
You Can't Do That On Television (Nickelodeon Owned I think)
Tiny Toon Adventures
Bill Nye: The Science Guy
Wishbone
The Magic School Bus
Gumby
Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?
School House Rock
Goof Troop
Lassie
Hey Dude (Doubt Nickelodeon will let you get this one, I think they are going to air it soon)
DuckTales

The rest of the list in random order.

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
Airwolf (Already Airing)
Three's Company
Baywatch (Good luck! Would probably be missing the origional music if you did get it)
Magnum P.I.
Alf
Wild America
Designing Women
The Ropers
The Brady Bunch
Dallas
Mr. Ed
Full House
Home Improvement
The X Files
Mr. Bean
7th Heaven
The Drew Carey Show
The Munsters
Sea-Quest (This would be a dream to see on TV again, someone has it locked away, NBC Universal???)
Team Knight Rider
Honey I Shrunk The Kids (The TV Show) [Currently Airing On The Hub]
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (Currently Showing On GMC)
Touched by an Angel
Family Matters
Knight Rider (Already Airing)
The Golden Girls

new update on the 137W channels

Channels log in as
TUFE (tuff tv)...still a black screen as of 4:00 CDT
FTVE (my family tv)...programming
PBJE (PBJ)..programming
FGOE (unknown????)...programming
LUC2 (assume test card)...color bars
RTVE (RTV)...showing RTV programming
QC1 (assume another test card)..programming

I guess this "FGO" is going to show cutlery....but in the 5:00 hour they had Lone Ranger and then I guess the original name of Lassie as "Jeff's Collie" but different episode than what PBJ shows

Very good news.Let this news grow old until, 17 months, in 2013 .I love to say that TV must be free for all.In most of the worldwide countries tv channels are free except some ppv,sports and premium channels.Idonot know if he will broadcast on galaxy -19 or some other satellite??

137W
H
DVB-S

Are they having encoder problems today (May 2nd)? 6am ET and I'm just getting an unmodulated carrier. I don't think it's my LNB because I'd expect those carriers all over the band. I checked twice with an hour between observations and it was still an unmodulated carrier on that frequency, while the rest of AMC-7 looked fine.

At 23:51 EDT on 4/30/12, AMC-7 4080 was taken down. Viewers can continue to find that programming on AMC-7 4160 or on the SES-2 transponders.

- Trip

yup. They were redundant as the S2 mux as the affiliate options...including RTV & My FamilyTV for Hawaii so its on a delay :)

we have been waiting on the good news from mr.lukin for a while now,has he forgot

Well going by the first post in this thread, it is stated: approximately 17 months....it has only been a little over 8..;)

I think $$ is on their way. Deleting channels from AMC 3 and moving to SES-1 will tell. We, in the carribean can hardly get 101W. AMC 1 103W are hidden and probably gone in a near future. 133W and UP are not reachable either. So, what are we talking about??? just money $$$$!! I know TPs are costly and in front it should be mentioned. So why so many press release mentioning that is in the best behave of all!! Not true!! If is going to be in the best for all, why not to put the channels in a KU band so anyone can reach them with a small dish???

I just got off the phone with Henry Luken the owner of Luken Communications, the parent of such FTA favorites such as RTV, TuffTV and My Family TV and have some very exciting news that he wanted me to share with all SatelliteGuys members... Coming SOON Mr. Luken will begin broadcasting all national feeds of his stations in DVB-S format! He is doing this as he see's a lot of SatelliteGuys members are having issues tuning into his DVB-S2 Signals and in addition he believes that television should be FREE. He is just waiting for the rest of the MPEG2 encoding equipment to arrive and then the new transponder will light up for all of us to enjoy. In addition he let me in on a secret of something he is working on that will launch in approxamately 17 months that will turn the Free To Air market a blaze! I don't want to show his hand yet on this one... but let me tell you it is VERY... VERY exciting! I thank Mr. Luken for the call and for sharing the big news with SatelliteGuys members first!
I was reviewing RTV´s history and came upon this thread. I was wondering if Luken´s plan to be announced around January 2013 (i.e. 17 months after this post) was actually made known ?

I was reviewing RTV´s history and came upon this thread. I was wondering if Luken´s plan to be announced around January 2013 (i.e. 17 months after this post) was actually made known ?

yup but it never happened.
He was going to do like a "FTA package" of channels like that "freedbs" (ahhhh dammit now I have to ban myself for 3 days):) was thinking of doing. But never happened

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)