Good news, Tube lovers!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hantu

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
Rochester, NY
Hi all!

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I also know how much you all love and miss The Tube on Ku!. While watching my local Fox affiliate this afternoon (Standard DIgital OTA), a commercial caught my attention. On one of the digital sub-channels (31.2, in my case), the Tube Music Network is going to be broadcast OTA! How cool is that! I don't have a ginormous dish, so this will be an excellent way to get back what seemed, for me, to be gone forever.

Call your local Fox affiliate to see if you can get The Tube in your neck of the woods. (If you're already getting this OTA, please don't burst my bubble by flaming me. I'm excited, OK?)

Cheers,
Hantu

hantu said:
Hi all!

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I also know how much you all love and miss The Tube on Ku!. While watching my local Fox affiliate this afternoon (Standard DIgital OTA), a commercial caught my attention. On one of the digital sub-channels (31.2, in my case), the Tube Music Network is going to be broadcast OTA! How cool is that! I don't have a ginormous dish, so this will be an excellent way to get back what seemed, for me, to be gone forever.

Call your local Fox affiliate to see if you can get The Tube in your neck of the woods. (If you're already getting this OTA, please don't burst my bubble by flaming me. I'm excited, OK?)

Cheers,
Hantu

I promise I won't say a thing.....

http://thetubetv.com/howtowatch/

Did you hear that? It was the sound of the wind leaving my sails. I guess I'm just the last one on the planet to know everything. They need to make this "Internet thing" more informative. There just isn't enough free information out there.:)

If you have a Cband dish, you can still receive The Tube Music Network on AMC 3 4036 H 3679 (per LyngSat).

C-Band feed is AC-3 though :(

And Minneapolis still doesznt have it up yet on the digital subchannel of the WB...eh, SINclair owns it so like eveything else, they take their sweet ass time

Iceberg said:

And Minneapolis still doesznt have it up yet on the digital subchannel of the WB...eh, SINclair owns it so like eveything else, they take their sweet ass time

I thought AC-3 is a good thing?

nope. Cant hear the audio on a regular speakers. Need an external audio decoding device (receiver) to hear the AC-3 audion channels

drhydro said:
its awesome as long as you have an ac-3 compatable reciever and decoder ;-)

Or a DVB World receiver :)

Long live The Tube FTA!

Last edited:
drhydro said:
its awesome as long as you have an ac-3 compatable reciever and decoder ;-)

Ebay has 'em cheap cheap cheap.... An AC-3 receiver is must have for FTA. I even have a cheapo one I payed under $100 for in the recreation room.

If you have a Cband dish, you can still receive The Tube Music Network on AMC 3 4036 H 3679 (per LyngSat).

I think if I bought a BUD to watch The Tube, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be long before the both dish and I were looking for a new place to roost. I'm lucky I was able to put the 90cm in the back yard!

I like the way that I am getting The Tube now. My TV has an optical audio out to my receiver and the quality is "good enough for gov't work."

As I said earlier, I know this was a bit off-topic, but then again, it is digital TV out of the sky that originates from a satellite somewhere, right?

Cheers,
Hantu

Iceberg said:

TSReader shows there is also mpeg2 audio on pid 257. It's in the stream, but when I select it, I don't hear anything. Weird.

photoman76 said:
TSReader shows there is also mpeg2 audio on pid 257. It's in the stream, but when I select it, I don't hear anything. Weird.
That could be a network to station feed, to notify and let those stations that do, insert there local commercials.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)