This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

good signal,poor reception on g-3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hanson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
ky.
on galaxy 3 at 95 degrees,ive got 80 % signal quality,but almost no picture at all. using a fortec star ultra reciever and 10 ft. dish

try bumping ( slightly moving the dish east or west with the motor) when it comes to signal , Quality is what your looking for. pick a known live transponder on that sat and move the dish slightly see if it improves

tried moving it,getting good signal quality,but the picture starts messing up and no signal comes up on screen

i have a 10ft. mesh dish,fortec ultra,california lnb,no switches,and the dish is 25-30 ft. away from the house if that makes any difference.

i have a 10ft. mesh dish,fortec ultra,california lnb,no switches,and the dish is 25-30 ft. away from the house if that makes any difference.

Are you slaving the Ultra to an analog receiver, or direct connect to LNB?

If slaving, are you using a DC-block or "T" with 1 power pass leg?
If not slaving, since you have a Californina Amp LNB, I assume you have a polarotor and must be controlling polarity via an analog receiver.... if so, I would recommend telling your Ultra that all transponders are horizontal, because some LNBs don't work well at 13V that the Ultra will be putting out when set on vertical.

I have the same problem....95W C Band

on galaxy 3 at 95 degrees,ive got 80 % signal quality,but almost no picture at all. using a fortec star ultra reciever and 10 ft. dish

both TPs 70% quality

4040 H 1110 ---->Black
4167 V 0983 ---->Image very good

BSC621-2 conected direct to Pansat 2500a

Thanks in advance......

If you are trying to get the equity mux on G3, you may have to tune your dish a little. The tight FEC requires a high carrier to noise ratio.

I had to give my 10' elevation a couple turns and it locked right on.
My dish has little room for error on that mux.

Status
Please reply by conversation.