[Traxis] Good signals-no channels

klwj33

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Hi! New to fta, purchased a Traxis dbs6100hd receiver, connected it to an existing dish on my apt (has Dish HD on it with a three lnb set-up). I seem to get good signals on several sats (by good I mean q=60-65-- i=90-95). Sats which give me these numbers are: galaxy 19, telstar 12, echostar 11. There is nothing on these channels. Some do say dish and play music, a couple show dish tv ads and I get one channel that actually has a bit of programming. I know it has to be something I have done in my set up because I am sure there are more than one fta channel out there!! Thank You for any help!

Thanks for the help!! Okay that makes sense! So I guess my next question is what size/type lnb dish system should I look for??
Hi! New to fta, purchased a Traxis dbs6100hd receiver, connected it to an existing dish on my apt (has Dish HD on it with a three lnb set-up). I seem to get good signals on several sats (by good I mean q=60-65-- i=90-95). Sats which give me these numbers are: galaxy 19, telstar 12, echostar 11. There is nothing on these channels. Some do say dish and play music, a couple show dish tv ads and I get one channel that actually has a bit of programming. I know it has to be something I have done in my set up because I am sure there are more than one fta channel out there!! Thank You for any help!

You will also need a clear view to the southern sky. Preferably from the SW to the SE horizon. The satellite 'arc' is highest directly south of you and falls to the horizon going E or W. Check your location at www.dishpointer.com (And/Or install the app on your smartphone)