Good starter system?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Then, if you like PBS in HD, and aren't close enough to Dallas to get OTA reception, there's 125 west. :up

125W is great, even if you get PBS locally, in my opinion :) Here in north Georgia, I can get 4 OTA PBS stations from Atlanta: Atlanta PBS; Georgia Public TV, GPTV Kids, and GPTV World. However, I can get World on 125W in its original HD quality, plus Create channel. You also get two PBS channels from Oklahoma, one from Montana, the main PBS HD feeds for the East and West Coasts, and other occasional feeds (plus V-Me, a great Spanish language network). It's a little amusing because I often see a documentary air on the feeds that might be a week ahead of the local PBS station (shhhh!) :)

Just to add to the list that Anole and others have mentioned, a few of the less populated (and thus, less popular!) Ku-band satellites that I find interesting are:

123W. I'll sometimes watch University of Washington TV or Free Speech TV for a little variety.
116W. The Reuters News feed is great for breaking International news or events. BVN, the Dutch station, appeals to me, although I can't really understand the language :)
103W. Yes, NBC feeds are on this, but still with a weird skew and odd hours of broadcast, so I don't bother really. MS10 & MS20 show live shots of Huntington Beach, California, although lately with a strange blue tint.
101W. Pentagon Channel has some cool stuff from time to time. BVN is here, too.
99W. Shalom TV sometimes has a few interesting shows and films.
95W. Chinese Central Television has a documentary channel and a news channel in English. Their Chinese channel often has some unusual things with English subtitles.
91W. ABC News One feeds break in with National news.
89W. BYU TV sometimes comes in ok and can have some interesting programs at times.
87W. Three channels of PBS out of Louisiana. The Patient Channel. I have seen, very rarely, some neat programs on the Florida Channel.
83W. Although expected to leave the air, the Luken mux: Retro TV, Tuff TV, and PBJ. Very nice.

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
125W is great, even if you get PBS locally, in my opinion :) Here in north Georgia, I can get 4 OTA PBS stations from Atlanta: Atlanta PBS; Georgia Public TV, GPTV Kids, and GPTV World. However, I can get World on 125W in its original HD quality, plus Create channel. You also get two PBS channels from Oklahoma, one from Montana, the main PBS HD feeds for the East and West Coasts, and other occasional feeds (plus V-Me, a great Spanish language network). It's a little amusing because I often see a documentary air on the feeds that might be a week ahead of the local PBS station (shhhh!) :)

Just to add to the list that Anole and others have mentioned, a few of the less populated (and thus, less popular!) Ku-band satellites that I find interesting are:

123W. I'll sometimes watch University of Washington TV or Free Speech TV for a little variety.
116W. The Reuters News feed is great for breaking International news or events. BVN, the Dutch station, appeals to me, although I can't really understand the language :)
103W. Yes, NBC feeds are on this, but still with a weird skew and odd hours of broadcast, so I don't bother really. MS10 & MS20 show live shots of Huntington Beach, California, although lately with a strange blue tint.
101W. Pentagon Channel has some cool stuff from time to time. BVN is here, too.
99W. Shalom TV sometimes has a few interesting shows and films.
95W. Chinese Central Television has a documentary channel and a news channel in English. Their Chinese channel often has some unusual things with English subtitles.
91W. ABC News One feeds break in with National news.
89W. BYU TV sometimes comes in ok and can have some interesting programs at times.
87W. Three channels of PBS out of Louisiana. The Patient Channel. I have seen, very rarely, some neat programs on the Florida Channel.
83W. Although expected to leave the air, the Luken mux: Retro TV, Tuff TV, and PBJ. Very nice.

Good rundown. Did you mean 113 instead of 116?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone know what happened to Sathint ?

Intelsat tested 4K TV on Galaxy 13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts