Good Year Blimp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bijou Media

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2007
Akron, OH
I was out shooting photos today, and along came the Blimp. I had a perfect sky. I had a bit of trouble tracking it so I had to crop the picture. Pretty cool shot though.

Attachments

• DSCF1111c.jpg
    DSCF1111c.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
no photo.........

when I first read your post I though he SHOT AT a blimp:(

then i realized it was a photo

Photo shooting that is.
I was at a church taking pix of brats in ballerina costumes. I looked outside and there it was perfect sky perfect sun.

Where was it headed ?

Probably just out for a cruise. I took the pic in Mogadore, OH, which is about 10 miles from the dock.

I have a pic of that also. I took this last March.

I did an I-direct install for one of the companies that worked at the dock. They have a trailer off to the side. I'm not sure what they do. Some kind of engineering company, they could contract for Lockeed; they are there too.

Attachments

• pix%20096.JPG
    pix%20096.JPG
    400.5 KB · Views: 146
wonder if blimps and commercial airliners take many hits? either accidental or intential?

recently some hunters strayed onto airport property and got into real trouble

Probably just out for a cruise. I took the pic in Mogadore, OH, which is about 10 miles from the dock.

I have a pic of that also. I took this last March.

I did an I-direct install for one of the companies that worked at the dock. They have a trailer off to the side. I'm not sure what they do. Some kind of engineering company, they could contract for Lockeed; they are there too.
'that isnt the dock for the blimp, the dock for the blimp is over by 43 and waterloo road..by the goodyear wingfoot. I do pass the lockheed martin building on my way to work every day remember when the dock you took a pic of had a fire last year?

'that isnt the dock for the blimp, the dock for the blimp is over by 43 and waterloo road..by the goodyear wingfoot. I do pass the lockheed martin building on my way to work every day remember when the dock you took a pic of had a fire last year?

I vaugly remember about the fire. I have to change the heading on my Photo Gallery now.

I used to see the blimp fairly often (one of them, at least). When we lived in Chesterfield, MO, we were on a ridge overlooking the St. Louis County Airport. When the blimp was in town to do flyovers for the Cardinals and Rams games they would park it at the county airport.

I think there are actually a handful of Goodyear Blimps throughout the U.S., or am I mistaken? Or maybe that was the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile... or maybe both, I dunno. :)

I think there are actually a handful of Goodyear Blimps throughout the U.S., or am I mistaken? Or maybe that was the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile... or maybe both, I dunno. :)
In the United States it operates three well-recognized blimps: the Spirit of Goodyear, based in Akron, Ohio; the Spirit of America, based in Carson, California; and the Spirit of Innovation, in Pompano Beach, Florida.
The Goodyear Blimp || Spirit of Goodyear, Spirit of America and Spirit of Innovation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)