Good Year Blimp

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bijou Media

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2007
Akron, OH
I was out shooting photos today, and along came the Blimp. I had a perfect sky. I had a bit of trouble tracking it so I had to crop the picture. Pretty cool shot though.

Attachments

• DSCF1111c.jpg
    DSCF1111c.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
no photo.........

when I first read your post I though he SHOT AT a blimp:(

then i realized it was a photo

Photo shooting that is.
I was at a church taking pix of brats in ballerina costumes. I looked outside and there it was perfect sky perfect sun.

Where was it headed ?

Probably just out for a cruise. I took the pic in Mogadore, OH, which is about 10 miles from the dock.

I have a pic of that also. I took this last March.

I did an I-direct install for one of the companies that worked at the dock. They have a trailer off to the side. I'm not sure what they do. Some kind of engineering company, they could contract for Lockeed; they are there too.

Attachments

• pix%20096.JPG
    pix%20096.JPG
    400.5 KB · Views: 149
wonder if blimps and commercial airliners take many hits? either accidental or intential?

recently some hunters strayed onto airport property and got into real trouble

Probably just out for a cruise. I took the pic in Mogadore, OH, which is about 10 miles from the dock.

I have a pic of that also. I took this last March.

I did an I-direct install for one of the companies that worked at the dock. They have a trailer off to the side. I'm not sure what they do. Some kind of engineering company, they could contract for Lockeed; they are there too.
'that isnt the dock for the blimp, the dock for the blimp is over by 43 and waterloo road..by the goodyear wingfoot. I do pass the lockheed martin building on my way to work every day remember when the dock you took a pic of had a fire last year?

'that isnt the dock for the blimp, the dock for the blimp is over by 43 and waterloo road..by the goodyear wingfoot. I do pass the lockheed martin building on my way to work every day remember when the dock you took a pic of had a fire last year?

I vaugly remember about the fire. I have to change the heading on my Photo Gallery now.

I used to see the blimp fairly often (one of them, at least). When we lived in Chesterfield, MO, we were on a ridge overlooking the St. Louis County Airport. When the blimp was in town to do flyovers for the Cardinals and Rams games they would park it at the county airport.

I think there are actually a handful of Goodyear Blimps throughout the U.S., or am I mistaken? Or maybe that was the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile... or maybe both, I dunno. :)

I think there are actually a handful of Goodyear Blimps throughout the U.S., or am I mistaken? Or maybe that was the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile... or maybe both, I dunno. :)
In the United States it operates three well-recognized blimps: the Spirit of Goodyear, based in Akron, Ohio; the Spirit of America, based in Carson, California; and the Spirit of Innovation, in Pompano Beach, Florida.
The Goodyear Blimp || Spirit of Goodyear, Spirit of America and Spirit of Innovation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)