This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Goodbye Dish Network

Sorry, but I have neither the time nor the desire for the 'just talking' debate that you obviously enjoy.

DISH doesn't allow VIP DVR's on a Hopper account. Period. It's their company and they're entitled to do whatever they want to do. That's all I have to say on this subject.

Reactions: charlesrshell

DISH Tech wouldn't be scratching his head if taught how to troubleshoot 3 or 4 Hopper setup. I think DISH should have included the more than two Hoppers setups from the beginning. There are customers that want them and I bet small businesses and apartments too.

You seem to be the only one heated, everyone else is just talking.

Dish didn't allow VIP dual tuner receivers because the technology wasn't there to make it practical use with the Hopper systems.

And now they have this Wally that again stated by you, that isn't even compatible with the HYBRID system.
Well that I don't understand at all.
Considering it's still DPP technology.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Because at some point to make the most of new technology and features it means older equipment can't be included. Why didn't they make a way for the old receivers to work on the Eastern Arc? Why can't I use some older apps on my Android phone with newer software if the developer has not updated them? Why didn't Android integrate them into the new software?

Again though , who's fault is that?
And I bet that's why we have a 16 Tuner Hopper today.
Apparently the old system was an issue.

You seem to be the only one heated, everyone else is just talking.

Dish didn't allow VIP dual tuner receivers because the technology wasn't there to make it practical use with the Hopper systems.

I'm not 'heated' just sick of the stupid circular 'debates' like this one and frankly I don't have the time to waste. DISH has all the technology they need and DirecTV's is not superior by any way, shape or form.

Here's a sample I found 2 weeks ago of your 'simple' DirecTV SWM wiring:

Again though , who's fault is that?
And I bet that's why we have a 16 Tuner Hopper today.
Apparently the old system was an issue.

Yea right. The whole reason for a new receiver that's super fast with 16 tuners is because their installers were having a problem with multiple Hoppers. That's a stretch even for this ridiculous thread.

And there's the answer. Thank you Tampa.

I agree with where you are going, because it was definitely more of a technical limitation and not a way to shaft the customers.
I think most people think Charle was trying to be sneaky.
But after seeing what's involved in hooking up VIPs to Hopper systems, there is no way that is cost effective to dish.
3 and 4 hopper, Yeah for get that.
That can cost well over $500 if you have to pay for all that.

And how would you even Bill for something like that monthly or even a tech Visit .

You are reaching.

the reason i left dish for direct was because they wouldnt let me have a hopper with my 722
but direct would hook up a genie and an hr24

Yea right. The whole reason for a new receiver that's super fast with 16 tuners is because their installers were having a problem with multiple Hoppers. That's a stretch even for this ridiculous thread.
I didn't mean installers, I ment the Technology and the demand for a different system and being limited to leasing a max of 6 tuners.

I say, bottom line, Dish wanted to phase out the older ViP technology and no longer have to support it any more. Anyone upgrading to the Hopper would preclude any ViP receivers being in service for them. (Save the 211).

Before I installed my Hopper 3 I ran my 722K on the EA LNBF Hybrid with no problems. According to Dish Network a 722K and a Hopper 3
can't exist on the same dish. What Dish Network didn't know about my installation was a had a separate Dish 1000.2 for the 211K that I
was using in another room of the house.

So I wasn't a technical issue it was a policy issue. All installations aren't cut and dry. There are some people out here that do their own installs.
If a non-technical wise subscriber wants to use a Hopper 3 and a 722K at the same time then let them make that choice BUT make sure the subscriber
understand that a new dish will need to installed and Dish can even charge the subscriber for the additional installation and that there will be additional
charges for the second receiver/DVR.

As it is I installed a Joey 4K and it is working quite well.

No doubt, reducing the supported code base is a big consideration.

All the pre-ViP receivers are almost gone. Surely the writing is clearly on the wall. ViP support will be limited in future years. Heck, even the original Hopper is not likely long for this world.

I suspect the Wally code base has a lot in common with the Hopper.

Dish has a lot of cats and dogs to do away with. The old stuff requires certain CPU and RAM requirements that will keep them from connecting to future Hoppers and capabilities. Even the CUI.

One day, after the asteroid hits, or the great east coast laminators explosion, Dish reps will pry the last ViPs from TheKrell's cold dead hands. And equip his coffin with a Hopper family member. Just for old times sake.

Reactions: Troch77