Goodbye to Voom (long)

Despo21

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Well less then two weeks since install which took two appointments, I am saying goodbye to the frustration called VOOM, When it worked it was great, but having something that works half the time becomes frustrating. After four no call no shows with two different companys, and no call backs from those companys. Install Inc. lack to care, and Voom's CSR keep on wanting to schedule another appointment that I knew that no one would show up to. I called and cancelled, and someone should be out to pick up the Voom stuff. Which should be interesting because no one ever came out to fix it, I doubt they will be here to pick it up. To anyone thinking about getting voom in Northwest Ohio, don't do it. Voom is a great idea with very poor execution. I would like to thank this board for its great info.

Despo21 said:
Well less then two weeks since install which took two appointments, I am saying goodbye to the frustration called VOOM, When it worked it was great, but having something that works half the time becomes frustrating. After four no call no shows with two different companys, and no call backs from those companys. Install Inc. lack to care, and Voom's CSR keep on wanting to schedule another appointment that I knew that no one would show up to. I called and cancelled, and someone should be out to pick up the Voom stuff. Which should be interesting because no one ever came out to fix it, I doubt they will be here to pick it up. To anyone thinking about getting voom in Northwest Ohio, don't do it. Voom is a great idea with very poor execution. I would like to thank this board for its great info.
No they will be out to pick it up, that they are consistent at.
i called to make an appointment the earliest was 15 days fom the call date, i decided to cancel the boxes could be picked up in 3 days according to the csr i spoke to, im sure they will come pick them up. that they are good at

Steve,

To be completely honest with you I still have my box here and I cancelled over 2 months ago. I keep trying to get a hold of someone at Voom that knows what they are doing but most of the time I get a recording telling me to call back later. I was able to get through twice in 2 months and both times I was told there was no notice in my account record that I had cancelled. Amazing! Now this is a new one that I haven't heard of yet. I did get a letter from Voom earlier this week stating that they have tried to charge my credit card the last 2 months but couldn't since it was denied. Hell yea, I cancelled it because I saw another billing nightmare coming. So I guess I still have an active account but I have the dish and receiver sitting here for over 2 months. I deinstalled myself because I don't want anyone else messing with my equipment or my home.
This company really finds new ways to screw up on a daily basis. It just amazes me to no end. I think I'm going to hook things back up tomorrow and enjoy free Voom until they get their act together and cancel like I have asked twice already. :shocked

ram,

have you consider all the issues that you are openning up yourself by not closing the account with them? Just because they are not billing your credit card, it does not mean that your account it's not at this point at a delinquency level, which can damage your credit report. If I were you, I would strongly consider getting this resolved as soon as possible as the longer it goes on the worse that it could get. Just a suggestion but I would have done the cancellation already one way or another.

Unbelievable

I have had voom for 8 months. The fiirst time i called them they were here within 15 minutes of promised time. My installation took one hour. He was off from the roof in 45 minutes i was vooming in one hour. I wanted better OTA reception for my locals so i requested a better antenna. They installed a channelmaster stealth that was my second appointment, they were there promptly, and put up the antennae. I was missing NBC, so they came and realligned my antenna. My third appointmenat was on time.

I can't understand you guys that are having problems . You say you call Voom and get answering machines. I have called over 40 times for information etc, and ALWAYS got an operator in 1 minute or less. This is not rocket science, if you can't get a satellite dish installed how can you lead lives. I have three dry cleaning stores and have over 100 machines installed in the stores, and have dealth with countless suppliers, efficient and also lazy. This is part of life, if you have a bad installer call back and schedule on a WEEKEND when you are off. Don't change your schedule for an installation . Call back if unhappy, they will give you a different installer. Don't give up on Voom for one bad call, that is ludicrous.

I own a drycleaning business, if my machine goes dowm, i don't get frustrated and sell my business. Life is tough get tough, good things don't come easy. Once you have voom installed, it is free sailing.

Voom is worth it

I agree. Aside from my dish coming loose and needing realignment, which I did myself, I couldnt be happier with the service. Havnt had to call anyone since I've had it and I never get lock-ups. I do wish the caller ID would work.

I can't understand when people cancel VOOM because they are not happy with an installer. I understand the frustration, but for me, this is like deciding to get rid of the car because of a bad mechanic. As if teaching VOOM a lesson (by canceling) is more important to them than having 40+ HD channels. Strange priorities! Why punish yourself???

Sean Mota said:
ram,

have you consider all the issues that you are openning up yourself by not closing the account with them? Just because they are not billing your credit card, it does not mean that your account it's not at this point at a delinquency level, which can damage your credit report. If I were you, I would strongly consider getting this resolved as soon as possible as the longer it goes on the worse that it could get. Just a suggestion but I would have done the cancellation already one way or another.
I agree, he should write them a letter cancelling the service to cover his a$$. sign it and make a copy.

Ilya said:
I can't understand when people cancel VOOM because they are not happy with an installer. I understand the frustration, but for me, this is like deciding to get rid of the car because of a bad mechanic. As if teaching VOOM a lesson (by canceling) is more important to them than having 40+ HD channels. Strange priorities! Why punish yourself???
40 HD channels is NOT what keeps me here or many others Id bet. Most of it is NOT compelling. I am here for all of the premium movie channels and TNTHD. Voom needs to add ESPN2HD on JAN 6th or it will be another reason to dump the service if D* comes up with the rest. I could care less about the 21 exclusives and would welcome a way to subtract them from my bill. Voom would do well to move those 21 to the new sat space and make them the channels that require the new dish while adding things like ESPN2HD to the capacity of Rainbow1.

I also had great dealing with Installs Inc. and Voom. I had them come out a total of 4 times. One time they were late but they did call beforehand to say that they would be late. No company is perfect, they all have their problems but each time I expressed something I needed fixed, Voom and Installs Inc. were there to my satisfaction.

while i agree with the general sentiment not to cancel voom because of installers, some of you dont seem to understand Voom is not good for some of us because of the installation we received, my Voom has not worked consistently for more than 4 days at a time, installation errors, voom box showing errors about card, called voom and they did what they can do , it didnt work so now again i wait for an installer. obviously some areas have better installers. dont question our motives nor why we cant get satellite installed, i have no control over installer nor voom. Voom is ultimately responsible thats the bottom line, I have had directv and comcast and never had any major issues with either. I have had minor interruptions at times but who hasnt. I get tired of alot of you picking up for Voom saying it is not their fault. thats where you are wrong. IT IS VOOMS FAULT, THATS WHO I PAY, Voom is ultimately responsible for delivering my service. as for the phone issues, i always speak to someone but very rarely get thru in under a minute. But if your Voom is working as well as you say, how much have you really tried or had to call? My voom hasnt worked in 2 weeks and the earliest scheduling i could get was jan 3rd, mind you i made this appointment on dec 18, a 3 week wait after waiting 2 weeks before that only to have them cancel,shouldnt a customer that was cancelled get priority? i guess this is my fault too? maybe i am just not worthy of Voom , Some of you are just so much better at ordering Voom than all of the rest of us, since calkiram seems to think we are deficient in our ability to complete a call, again thats all of our fault too. lets speak logically here people, some areas have better installers thats the only obvious here,

I installed VOOM not for the premiums. I don't subscribe to one. rather get the DVD than to pay to see it over and over again. VOOm exclusivies also repeat a lot but I am not paying a premium price for them.

Sean Mota said:
ram,

Sean,

I have tried numerous times to get my account closed out and cancelled. I did post this in my message. I don't know what else to do. If I get a mark on my credit report from Voom because of their incompetency I will sue them. I am keeping very good records. Thanks for the concern.

Bob

I have in the past. The first time he was very helpful. But the last 2 times I emailed him I didn't get a response back. I hooked my equipment back up and sure enough I have Voom. I think what I am going to do is take a long deep breath and try and enjoy Voom. I'm going to keep trying to get the billing thing taken care of. I like the HD but hate the company. If they will wave the charges for the time I was supposed to be disconnected I'll stick with them and see how things turn out. Who knows, maybe this is a new way to keep customers. They need to try something. :D

Ilya said:

Well If the mechanic sucks and causes more grief than you can take I would not chose to buy that model of car again. The difference between Voom and Automobiles is to great. There are alot of choices for mechanics. With Voom you only have one choice. Right or wrong Voom chose to use Installs. Installs represents Voom every time they make an error or do good. Voom has the power to get this under control but they chose not to. BTW I do not count Voom as having 40+ channels the exclusives do not count. Never looked at em since I was installed. Nothing compelling.

motorcycle_rider said:
Well If the mechanic sucks and causes more grief than you can take I would not chose to buy that model of car again. The difference between Voom and Automobiles is to great. There are alot of choices for mechanics. With Voom you only have one choice. Right or wrong Voom chose to use Installs. Installs represents Voom every time they make an error or do good. Voom has the power to get this under control but they chose not to. BTW I do not count Voom as having 40+ channels the exclusives do not count. Never looked at em since I was installed. Nothing compelling.

I love the exclusive channels. But I don't think there are 40+ "exclusive" channels. They are the only reason I stick with Voom. I also have the exclusive INHD1 and INHD2 on cable. They're ok....but to watch Rush, Monsters, Rave, classic movies in HD, Equator, and much more, is so much better. What other options do you have in Hd?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)