Google looking to buy rights to NFL Sunday Ticket?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also, and I know I've mentioned it before, just because the NFL may be opened to other providers, doesn't mean they are all going to have it available on thier systems.

The majority probably won't, first they may not have a care about it and secondly, if they don't have enough people wanting it.

Chances are only the BIG BOYs in the TV providing business will opt for it.

The local here, may or may not ...

Losing ST would be devastating to Directv. It wouldn't kill them but they would lose a ton of subs.

They won't lose ST, theres not even a thought of that happening, what they may lose is the exclusivity of having ST as thier own ...

Exclusivity is what keeps ST worth as much as it is. There's no way it's worth if it's available thru all providers and then there's the issue of network affiliate backlash.

DTV may pay a bit more for the next contract but it's in both parties' best interests to get an exclusive deal done.

The NFL is KING....The league can do whatever it wants and the networks will bow and kneel.
And it's all due to the ratings which translates to ad dollars.
PLus, as long as the NFL controls the distribution of their games i.e. territorial rights, no network tv station will experience any difference as NFL ST is blacked out for teams in one's home market. For example, If one is in the NYC DMA, Jest and Giants games are never seen on ST for those in the NYC market PLUS, in a given week, all cities where the games are distributed must tune to the local affiliate to view the game.
SO lets say the Giants are home to Dallas. That game would be shown say, 80% of the US. That means those cities and their surrounding regions must tune to their local Fox affiliate to see the game as it would be blacked out of ST.
In other words, the OTA stations would not be affected.

They won't lose ST, theres not even a thought of that happening, what they may lose is the exclusivity of having ST as thier own ...

I think the exclusivity thing has gone on long enough.
Time to open the door so that others, especially those who either will not or cannot subscribe to D* to have an opportunity to buy ST.

Things I would like to see on the NFLST.

Seeing were paying huge prices to HAVE OUR game we want, lets make it so that OUR game is on in it's entirety.

Example: Your game is a 4 pm game and the game before goes long, now for some reason, MY game that I want to see starts on time, but the network wont move to MY game ... they did this last year, a few years ago they did it right and MY game started on it's designated channel at the correct time.

I'm tired of getting to the game I PAID for after 10 minutes are already gone in the game.

I think the exclusivity thing has gone on long enough.
Time to open the door so that others, especially those who either will not or cannot subscribe to D* to have an opportunity to buy ST.

I think it may be opened up to others this time around, but I expect that only select providers will end up with having the ST .... I think people think that all the providers will have it now ....
The Small providers won't be able to afford it.
The Big Boys will jump in and offer it.

I can't wait to see what the new providers have to say after year one or two if thier numbers don't work out to the number of subs they had hoped for.

I think it may be opened up to others this time around, but I expect that only select providers will end up with having the ST .... I think people think that all the providers will have it now ....
The Small providers won't be able to afford it.
The Big Boys will jump in and offer it.

I can't wait to see what the new providers have to say after year one or two if thier numbers don't work out to the number of subs they had hoped for.

this is what i'm afraid of. it could be a blow for the small providers, and if we are left with a just a couple large ones we will all feel the result. we had a great small local cable company for decades here, then comcast came in and bought them, then they fired everyone at the local office, moved 45 mins north, and if you need anything yo have to drive 45 mins one way to get it, when you use to just have to go 5mins across town.

Things I would like to see on the NFLST.

Seeing were paying huge prices to HAVE OUR game we want, lets make it so that OUR game is on in it's entirety.

Example: Your game is a 4 pm game and the game before goes long, now for some reason, MY game that I want to see starts on time, but the network wont move to MY game ... they did this last year, a few years ago they did it right and MY game started on it's designated channel at the correct time.

I'm tired of getting to the game I PAID for after 10 minutes are already gone in the game.

I agree - when they do this it is extremely annoying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)