Gosatellite.com owes me a big thank you

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can you please elaborate a bit more (for a new guy looking to buy from them, but now a bit concerned?).

Thanks

Perhaps Iceberg should handle this question.

This forum has a strict policy of no hack talk. There are those among us who use FTA equipment to steal encrypted satellite signals, and it threatens our right to own FTA equipment. The last thing we need are legislatures working on behalf of Dish Network and DirecTV to make owning FTA equipment illegal.

I'm sure gosatellite.com does not condone stealing DBS signals; however, they seem to promote some combinations of equipment packages that I would call questionable. In addition to the packages, I came across some hack talk in their forums. All I am asking is that their forum moderators be held to a higher standard in order to protect our hobby.

From a customer service perspective, I have had problems as mentioned above, and have had equipment sent to me that I didn't order. I will admit that their prices seem resonable, and they have a great selection. I was looking at the CaptiveWorks 4000 HD because of its IPTV and Internet connection features, but I'm not sure I want to support a company that doesn't appear to be concerned with hack talk in its forum.

Ok, I understand. Personally for me, as a new user, I am just looking for a reliable and good package for regular FTA, do not care at all for hacking. Thanks.

There are two Gold Sponsors who monitor the forums here and give quick online solutions. I would recommend BOTH. Sadoun in Ohio and SatelliteAV in California. Quickest / cheapest shipping from the closest one usually, but there product offerings are not exactly the same. I am on the West coast so I usually choose Brian at SatelliteAV, but I have used the Sadoun. NO problems with customs or hacking from either!

The only thing is that when it comes to receivers Sadoun and SatelliteAV's selections are very limited ...

The only thing is that when it comes to receivers Sadoun and SatelliteAV's selections are very limited ...

I prefer quality and honesty above a wider range of hacker boxes and unknowns. I have been a Ham Radio operator for 50 years now, and have learned to listen to the more experianced operators about quality of equipment - I got talked into a Hallicrafters S-38 and then upgraded to a S-53A before I learned that a (used) Collins 75 was what I needed. Mike Kohl is another trusted name in sales, although he is not a Gold Sponsor. If GO really is local to you and you can deal face to face, then check out what they have to DELIVER to you!

But in my own opinion, I will not. A saying my Father used (slightly modified for PG audiences): Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me but burn me three times, I'm really burned :rolleyes:!

Nice cleanup pop. I've never heard the three times part.......I like it.
You got a 75 A4? You DOG! I let one get away from me. I loved that mechanical if shift. Crystals, ceramics and combs just cant duplicate the selectivity performance and maintain the dynamic tone quality, AFAIC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.