Got 2 HD receivers for $145!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
$145 + $15 to be exact. but def a great deal. :up

Uh...HuH. So you are one of those guys that always make off with the good deals from Flea-Bay....grumble...grumble....grumble.......

LOLOLOL.....j/k

Congrats! As posted, be sure to do a good ol' Satelliteguys torture test and review. Not a lot of "non-turbo mode service" info out there on those boxes.
Inquiring minds want to know.......

there was a review done a while back

It only gets MPEG2 HD

not MPEG4 (at least at the time...havent had anyone check recently)
not 4:2:2

Yeah, I looked at that one before, seems like it's a couple of years old now? I dont know if they ever came out with a Turbo add-on like all the rest of that era did (except Coolsat).If not there prolly isnt much different to report.
Instead of saying "Non-turbo service" I prolly should have said non-linear mode service......lol

You might want to try MPEG4 to see if it works with that

There is a SD feed on 111.1 West (the learning mux...check thelist for the info)

Got them today. The seller also included two 4-way diseqc switches, and 2 usb memory sticks! Gotta run more cable tomorrow. FTA in 2 more rooms...:D:up

PBS HD?

If anyone has a secret on how to get one of these things to scan PBS, let me know. I took the transponder info from my 9200, entered it in the Neusat, got good signal/quality, and manual or blind scan finds NO channels! :confused:
So far so good otherwise, but I'd like to see some HD outta this thing.
The only other thing I don't like, is it will not show either signal or quality, 'til you find an active transponder...then it'll show both. -Made me think I had a bad cable at first, 'cause all my other boxes show signal when connected...even if the LNB is laying in here on the floor! :eek:
That'll take some getting used to.... but any pointers on getting PBS on 125w to work will be greatly appreciated, it shows signal and quality, but won't find the channels.:mad:

digging up the ghosts:

Here is a thread on the 9000 a while back.
That thread was from 2007, here on SatGuys.
You can skip the first four pages and jump directly to the top of page five for the answer. :rolleyes:

After a bit of research, I found no factory firmware, and the hint that they pretty much gave up in 2007 (or 1st quarter, 2008).
...oh, maybe an ownership change... or an importer change...?
That may be why units were being dumped, even then.

Last was called: neuhd_patch0015.zip (1.56 MB), from around 03-06-2008, where I looked.

Further poking around, shows that there was a conversion path to make it into a Captain HD.
. . . oh, maybe that was just for hack-support.
Can't see any reason to do the conversion if regular Neusat 9000 firmware works.

Just a PBS thing....?

Well, this evening I took the Neusat out of the bedroom,
(which only has access to my Ku dishes right now) and put it in my den, hooked it up to an output of my 7.5 footer, looked up TBN on TheList, and scanned in the transponder. There it was. TBN HD -both Dolby and regular.
This thing puts out some beautiful HD. ...Just not from PBS. Now at least the second one will do what it was bought for: HD feeds in the living room!
The PBS thing still has me stumped, though....:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)