Got 6 months for 30 bucks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just renewed my Sirius sub in my Jetta for $25. The day the stop that offer is the day I drop the sub altogether.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I believe Chrysler still uses Sirius radios.

Wouldn't you think by now they'd be consolidating?

Which package are they offering you guys for that price? Is it just the music package or can you get Select?

It is Select, over 140 channels...

Thanks! That sounds like it would work for me. So to get an offer like this I would just let my trial run out and wait for them to contact me right?

It looks like there are some differences in the Select package depending on whether you have a Sirius or XM radio. Sirius Select gets Howard Stern, NASCAR, and NFL games. XM Select gets Opie and Anthony instead of Howard and MLB, NBA, NHL, and PGA play by play instead of NFL.

MLB is pretty high up on my priority list so I guess I'm happy GM uses XM radios. It does seem weird that Select isn't just Select no matter which radio you have though.

I have a Chrysler 300 and unless my memory is playing tricks, the radio says "SiriusXM". It's unsubbed right now because of crappy audio quality. They offered me 46% off for a year's sub to Select. But they wouldn't budge on my suggestion that they offer me the same percentage off on Mostly Music.

I have a Chrysler 300 and unless my memory is playing tricks, the radio says "SiriusXM". It's unsubbed right now because of crappy audio quality. They offered me 46% off for a year's sub to Select. But they wouldn't budge on my suggestion that they offer me the same percentage off on Mostly Music.
The Sirius satellite radio company bought the XM satellite radio company. Each had different, incompatible satellites and distro systems and radios. Both were going bankrupt. The combined company is called SiriusXM and all new radios are so labelled. And the combined company continues to operate both systems separately.

But under the hood, so to speak, car radios actually process the Sirius signal, or the XM signal, not both, not either/or. You would have to sub to the correct system. If you tune in to channel zero, I think it is, you should get a receiver number and perhaps other info. You would need this to subscribe. Anyone subbing to sat radio should do it while at the radio.

Also, they offer Internet service. I rarely used it, and dropped it. But there is programming only available on the Internet service.

...car radios actually process the Sirius signal, or the XM signal, not both...

That is contrary to what I read elsewhere in this forum about Chrysler Uconnect radios. The damn thing costs north of $1400 to replace; it certainly should contain both receivers! Do you know of any way to discover what it's capabilities actually are?

[Qdon't know if this feature is from SiriusXM or the radio I have in my ="king3pj, post: 3461593, member: 141204"]I haven't had satellite radio for about 4 years now. I've just been relying on iPhone bluetooth audio from various sources. However, I just bought a new car with the Chevy MyLink touch screen radio. It came with a 3 month SirusXM trial and I think Chevy uses XM radios.

I have to say that I still love all the iPhone bluetooth audio streaming capability this car offers but having SirusXM again is pretty convenient too. Plus it looks like it adds some nice features to the car like weather, gas prices, and traffic info. I would never pay the $10-$19 per month that the most popular packages seem to run but I would like to keep it for one of these 6 month offers I keep seeing posted here.

Which package are you guys referring to when you get these $25 or $30 6 months offers? It looks like the XM Select package would have everything I need. Mostly Music is close because it still comes with some of the talk radio I like (NPR Now, BBC World Service) but I'd prefer to keep ESPN Radio and the MLB games even though I can easily stream both of those things from my iPhone with bluetooth. If I could get NFL games and Howard with select that would have every thing I want but I can live without those two.

If those $30 offers are for the Mostly Music package I would consider it but probably end up passing.

Edit: The only thing I really don't like about the SirusXM radio on the touch interface has to do with MLB games. There doesn't seem to be any way to see which game is on which channel from the channel guide. I was looking for specific games last night and I had to tune to each MLB play by play channel one at a time to find out which channel it was on. I'm assuming this will be the same for college football games in the fall. That's not the most intuitive thing to do and it's a little distracting while driving.[/QUOTE]
I dont know if this feature is from SiriusXM or the radio in my Ford Fusion, but it has an Alert button on the display, once I find a game, Team I follow, I set the Alert and within a few minutes of the car being on, the radio finds my game if they are playing.

I dont know if this feature is from SiriusXM or the radio in my Ford Fusion, but it has an Alert button on the display, once I find a game, Team I follow, I set the Alert and within a few minutes of the car being on, the radio finds my game if they are playing.

My friends Jeep has that feature too. He even has his set to give scoring updates for teams he set as favorites. I don't know if this is a feature that Sirius has but XM doesn't or if it is just the Chevy MyLink touch screen radio that's missing it.

I can set alerts like that for specific songs or artists and I have verified that those work. There doesn't seem to be any way to do it for sports teams though. I tried to create an alert by artist during the game yesterday afternoon thinking that might be how you set up team alerts. It set the alert as "TOR @ DET T5". Obviously the TOR and the top of the 5th indicator shouldn't be part of the alert.

My radio gets gas prices, localized weather display, and movie times as long as I have a SiriusXM subscription but there doesn't seem to be anything at all for sports. There doesn't seem to be any way to get score update alerts, or more importantly game start alerts.

Oh well, it looks like they only carry one feed of each game instead of both team's broadcast so there aren't THAT many MLB play by play channels to scroll through.

That is contrary to what I read elsewhere in this forum about Chrysler Uconnect radios. The damn thing costs north of $1400 to replace; it certainly should contain both receivers! Do you know of any way to discover what it's capabilities actually are?

Uconnect is a Sirius radio. It also does many other things.
ramtrucks.com/en/uconnect

I don't see how that ref spells out that the radio is only a Sirius radio. By the way, my exact radio is described here: http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/2012/chrysler/300/touch84re2/. It says "SiriusXM" everywhere. Can you get more or different channels via an XM receiver? Maybe I can figure it out that way, assuming I resubscribe.

http://www.siriusxm.com/vehicleavailability

According to the SiriusXM vehicle lookup the 2014 Chrysler 300 comes with a Sirius radio. If you want to check on your actual radio there are some differences too though.

I think they just call all the radios SirusXM because that's the name of the company now. All the stuff that came with my '14 Chevy is branded SiriusXM but the radio itself is XM.

If you have the Select Package it's easy to see weather you have Sirius or XM in your car. If you get MLB Network on channel 89 and the MLB Play-by-Play channels on 176-189 you have XM. If you get NFL Radio on 88 and Howard Stern on channel 100 you have Sirius.

If you have All Access you get all of those channels but the Sirius radios have a few of them at different channel numbers than the XM radios. With the All Access Package Sirius gets MLB Network on channel 209 instead of 89 on XM. The Play-by-Play channels look like they are shared among multiple sports on Sirius instead of having different numbers for different sports like they do on XM. If you have a Sirius radio with All Access you would find MLB play-by-play on channel 211-220 instead of 176-189 on XM.

If you have the Mostly Music package I'm not sure if you can check this as easily because those channels look pretty much the same on both radios to me.

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't see how that ref spells out that the radio is only a Sirius radio. By the way, my exact radio is described here: http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/2012/chrysler/300/touch84re2/. It says "SiriusXM" everywhere. Can you get more or different channels via an XM receiver? Maybe I can figure it out that way, assuming I resubscribe.

Ok, try automotive.com

* Chrysler’s uconnect studios offer optional SIRIUS Satellite Radio which provides more than 130 channels, including 69 channels of 100 percent commercial-free music, plus sports, news, talk and entertainment. Station selection with the radio is easy, using the same familiar method as choosing an AM or FM station. Consumers are able to scan channels or have preset buttons for their favorite channels. They can also search both by music category and channel, which is displayed on the radio screen Availability: SIRIUS Satellite Radio is available on all Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles

Read more: http://www.automotive.com/news/chrysler-uconnect-links-bluetooth-gps-ipod-sirius-5158/#ixzz33tO4cREc
"

XM has O & A. Sirius has Stern.

I had a Sirius radio in my 2008 Dodge Dakota and music always sounded like it was flanged never sounded crisp. I just bought a 2014 Silverado with an XM radio in the Chevrolet MyLink system and it sounds clear as a bell. I did a cross country trip and listened to SiriusXM most of the time. The only complaint was that the XM radio seemed to fade more whenever there was anything slightly blocking the signal, like trees along side the road.

I don't know if I have low standards when it comes to music in my car but I think the Sirius/XM music channels sound pretty good. I have been a subscriber for about 7 years and it has improved. The Sirius/XM app is where it is at though. The quality is fantastic and you can listen to the last 6 hours of almost every ch. The baseball alone has saved me $25 because I use to buy the MLB app so I could listen to the games at night. With Sirius I can rewind to beginning of the game in a finger snap. I do think the price per month is too high though. I bought a lifetime subscription when things were still cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)