Got an interesting phone call...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sbhnet

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Carrollton, TX
From a marketing company hired by DirectTV. They said they knew I was a Voom customer and they had been authorized to make me a deal on Direct service. Unfortunately, it was just a message on my machine - I wasn't at home when they called. It would have been an interesting conversation. Interesting that Voom has turned over it's customer list to them - I wonder if Dish has it too?

sbh

Interesting!
No calls here. Dish could not care less that I am a Voom customer because I am a Dish customer too. I would be interested in a phone call from D* if they would like to extend a offer to me. Then again my cable company could do the same but as I say nothing here yet.

sbhnet said:
From a marketing company hired by DirectTV. They said they knew I was a Voom customer and they had been authorized to make me a deal on Direct service. Unfortunately, it was just a message on my machine - I wasn't at home when they called. It would have been an interesting conversation. Interesting that Voom has turned over it's customer list to them - I wonder if Dish has it too?

sbh

Damn....it would be great to know the offer would be.

You might not get a call if you're on the do-not-call list. Since D* & E* don't have an existing business relationship with me, I'm pretty sure I won't get a phone call from either.

I got a similar call...but they said they were the company that installed my VOOM. She was wondering what I was going to do "now that Voom is dead in the water...". Said I didn't know, though I was lying because I have an appointment to have Adelphia installed on 5/02....just to see what she would offer from Directv. Then she REALLY pisted me off when I told her I was disappointed that VOOM was dying...and she said...and I quote.."REALLY??!!....you are the 1st person to say that...and we did all the installations of VOOM in this area...". I knew she was full crap because we had 15 Voomers in my immediate neighborhood...and they ALL loved it. I almost called her a D* troll....LOL. But my point is, if the company that installed your VOOM...and they also install OTHER dbs providers....they will troll their way into trying to switch to the dbs provider of thier choice.....so buyer beware....LOL

salsadancer7 said:
I got a similar call...but they said they were the company that installed my VOOM. She was wondering what I was going to do "now that Voom is dead in the water...". Said I didn't know, though I was lying because I have an appointment to have Adelphia installed on 5/02....just to see what she would offer from Directv. Then she REALLY pisted me off when I told her I was disappointed that VOOM was dying...and she said...and I quote.."REALLY??!!....you are the 1st person to say that...and we did all the installations of VOOM in this area...". I knew she was full crap because we had 15 Voomers in my immediate neighborhood...and they ALL loved it. I almost called her a D* troll....LOL. But my point is, if the company that installed your VOOM...and they also install OTHER dbs providers....they will troll their way into trying to switch to the dbs provider of thier choice.....so buyer beware....LOL

call Installs Inc and asked them why they are call you. I bet then they had wish they had left you alone.

t

I received a call last week from someone trying to get me to sign up with e*. I told them that I really liked d* but e* was installing free hd receivers, so it was going to be a tough choice. He then said, well, we install directv as well. So I asked what kind of deals he had for d* and he just kind of blew it off and started back in on how great e* was and how d* didn't offer locals(which I knew was crap b/c I had d* before I switched to VoOm) etc.

Since I've had d* before I'm not considered a new customer. I figured that this might have something to do with it but can only speculate as to their motives. If I want to sign up with d* again, can my wife sign up using her name and be considered a new sub???

RocketRay said:
You might not get a call if you're on the do-not-call list. Since D* & E* don't have an existing business relationship with me, I'm pretty sure I won't get a phone call from either.

I hadn't even thought about that - I AM on the do-not-call list!!

sbh

Yeah, my installer called and I took their info, but told them I was not ready to make any to signup for anything else yet.

Indy said:
Interesting!
No calls here. Dish could not care less that I am a Voom customer because I am a Dish customer too.
I really doubt that they'll cross-check the VOOM list with their own customer list.... I bet you do get a call, that is, if VOOM is who sold the list of customer names and it's not coming from Installs, Inc.

Probably the same scumbags who were calling me last week. Don't get me wrong...D* and E* will one day reign supreme once they get their birds online, MPEG-4 installed, and replace a few gazillion STBs. Until then, Cable will be the HD leader after the fall of VOOM. Of course, I wouldn't count out Verizon.

RocketRay said:

The Do Not Call List only works for outsourced telemarketing centers.

Any company can call you directly from their own call center with their own paid employees. E* has their own call centers with paid E* staff so they are not restricted by who they can call. I think D* still outsources their call centers. The law also doesn't state "existing business relationship" any relationship you had with a company in the past couple years may call you.

Let's say you had D* before VOOM. D* may still call you since you had a relationship with them in the past 2 years. Let's say you go to a local Home Show. While there you fill out a slip of paper at the Numb Dumb's booth to win a TV. You now have a relationship with Numb Dumbs and they can now call you.

The Do Not Call Law has more holes in it than baby swiss.

"The Do Not Call Law has more holes in it than baby swiss."

While that may be true, not many seem to be using them. I used to get 4-5 calls per week. Since registering w/national and state lists, nadda-zip-hooey.

Lob

My local Newspaper is the worst about calling. So we subscribe to the Sunday only, they call everyday for us to subscribe to th e daily also. We do and the papers are overwhelming so we go back to Sunday only. Now the calls come all week long wanting us to subscribe to the daily.... On and on we go.

Lobstah said:
"The Do Not Call Law has more holes in it than baby swiss."

While that may be true, not many seem to be using them. I used to get 4-5 calls per week. Since registering w/national and state lists, nadda-zip-hooey.

Lob

Consider yourself lucky. I use to get 4 to 5 calls daily. Sometimes I'd get 3 calls within an hour. I started telling telemarketers that we had just return from the funeral of the person they were trying to reach. He had a major heart brought on by all the telemarketing calls and one particular bonehead sent him over the edge. It was obvious that I couldn't get them to stop, but at least I could have some fun. :D :D :D

Good one!, I'll need to try that, usually I just cussed and created my own evil sounding words to yell at them...

This is not allowed in Washington State

bryan27 said:
The Do Not Call List only works for outsourced telemarketing centers.

Any company can call you directly from their own call center with their own paid employees. E* has their own call centers with paid E* staff so they are not restricted by who they can call. I think D* still outsources their call centers. The law also doesn't state "existing business relationship" any relationship you had with a company in the past couple years may call you.

Let's say you had D* before VOOM. D* may still call you since you had a relationship with them in the past 2 years. Let's say you go to a local Home Show. While there you fill out a slip of paper at the Numb Dumb's booth to win a TV. You now have a relationship with Numb Dumbs and they can now call you.

The Do Not Call Law has more holes in it than baby swiss.

Since we went on the Do Not Call list last year we've only had a handful of unsolicited calls and all but one-who stopped after the 2nd call when I threatened to report them to the state attorney general's office-we had a previous "business" relationship with such as a car dealership. Once told not to call again they haven't.

Still enjoying HDTV until the end of VOOM under sunny! Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)