Md
so i got an upgrade offer email
called dish
its for an hd-dvr (model unknown)

i mentioned that if its not the hr-34 i dont want it
well its not

csr said i could replace my h24 with a new dvr though
and add the 2year contract

i did mention that since my contract is almost up i dont want to add anything other then the 34.

no budging for it, so i politly declined

whats the secret?

Exact same thing happened to me a few months back. Funny thing is after they cancelled my account one of the offers I received was for the HR34. They would still have me as a customer if they made this offer at the time.

I tried as well and notta for the HR34. They would give me a free HR24 and I told hem I already have one so that wouldn't help. I've been out of contract for years as well.

Funny, I just came on this forum to make the same exact post as the OP. I really want a second DVR (don't mind the 24 since I already have a dvr anyways and 4 recordings at once is more than enough) but they won't budge on a 24 month commitment. I'm also wanting to get the on demand hooked up because when I originally had it installed I had no Internet and no need for it. I'm at the end of my commitment which is over in September and really don't want a 24 month, certainly wouldn't mind 12 though. Any tips for how I might be able to get it down to a 12 month?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

They will deal on just about everything but the commitment timeframe.

They will deal on just about everything but the commitment timeframe.

The will deal on the comittment you just have to pay. There are some customers who will say but 499 dollar hddvr but get 100 to 150 off the dvr so they get it for 350. They are buying the equipment out right for 499 so no commitment but often you have to twist there arm to even admit that is an option.

True, Stonecold, if you buy the equipment there is no equipment. I was referring to leasing.

this isn't much of an "upgrade offer", it is the standard lure to get customers into a new agreement. if you call in you can easily get more. they gave me free whole home and upgraded all of my receivers, which was enough to get me back into a 24 month agreement

I am not even sure that they have a retention department anymore. If you actually cancel your service, they do call you back to see if they can work out a deal for you to stay with DTV.

I am not even sure that they have a retention department anymore. If you actually cancel your service, they do call you back to see if they can work out a deal for you to stay with DTV.

Yes, they do still have a Retention dept.
Simply call and say "Cancel", that will get you there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)