Got call from D* to come back. Will have 150 HD by March!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This 150 channel thing is going to be a real bad marketing failure if DTV10 or 11 fails to reach orbit, unfold its solar panels, uplink, downlink, stabilize in geosync orbit, etc.

I wonder how their confidence is doing given that annoying incident with Sea Launch. DirecTV 11 might want to carry pre-orbit insertion insurance?

DirecTV does have insurance against failure.The name of the insurance is D12.:D

it's all hopes and dreams for DirecTV at this point ;0 150 channels don't even exist and if they did the one company who can do this the easiest (better mpeg4 encoders, and a WHACK load of free space on their satts (121,105 and the 10 new slots they got permission for based on the reverse polarity DBS expansion range) is Dish. Dish will always lead in capacity. DirecTV may have a few more customers, but it certainly does not mean they have the better quality product... They simply don't and are unlikely to do so in the near future, D10 & D11 or not ;0 They were asleep at the wheel while charlie bought up ever conus slot he could get his hands on and Directv is forced to do a KA solution... How do you think they will ever have enough space doing that ;0 ?????? They will be forced to do HD lite and other quality loss methods for a long time to come yet! ;0

Hopes&dreams? don't think so.Is hopes&dreams SW1&2,D10&D11 with D12 built to be a spare against failure?.They even launched 9s which is a spare at 101.It's good E* has all those slots now all they need is to build the satellites LOL.If you compared DISH's DP301 or311 you would find DirecTV's D11 a better product.The
D11 receiver has alot of better features than DISH's standard receivers.Once they
get the bugs out of DirecTV HDDVR it will be a good product too.You remember bugs right? That's what the 622 had when it first came out and guess what?It still
has some still.
HD lite problem should be fixed once the bandwith capacity is fixed with the launch
of D10&11.Then the bandwith capacity will be there for 150 HD national channels and 1500 HD locals.They have already posted the channels that have committed to D* for HD is that hopes&dreams?Don't think so that is a fact.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Its cool i wasnt mad, i just get tired of the Bashing of Directv all the time. I work at DTV im an account sup/Teamlead for directv. I'd give my name but i dont need the unwanted trouble.

Ah come on.Don't let the trolls get to you.Don't give your name either that's a quick way to have to find another job OK?.Their just upset cause they didn't get Chiller and we did.:D

OH! DirecTV !! You've done it again!!!!!!.:D

it's all hopes and dreams for DirecTV at this point ;0 150 channels don't even exist and if they did the one company who can do this the easiest (better mpeg4 encoders, and a WHACK load of free space on their satts (121,105 and the 10 new slots they got permission for based on the reverse polarity DBS expansion range) is Dish. Dish will always lead in capacity. DirecTV may have a few more customers, but it certainly does not mean they have the better quality product... They simply don't and are unlikely to do so in the near future, D10 & D11 or not ;0 They were asleep at the wheel while charlie bought up ever conus slot he could get his hands on and Directv is forced to do a KA solution... How do you think they will ever have enough space doing that ;0 ?????? They will be forced to do HD lite and other quality loss methods for a long time to come yet! ;0

Why do you think that D* is incapable of putting up 4 sats over the 2 years , when they have done plenty previously ?
The sealaunch issue has nothing to do with D* other than they were planning to use it for the last sat ...
They will either be able to use sealaunch or find another place to launch, I know it woud require changes, but thats what the launch people are there for.

Obviously you think that DISH can do this much better, not sure why.
They have not placed any addl. sats to allow them to have over 100 HD channels.
You must be a DISH sub.

I perfer having my SPORTS HD witch DISH has none of.

Jimbo

D* consistently makes marketing and service promises which it cannot deliver, or delivers late, or never.

Alas, I also do not believe in the 150 channels at all, much less by March 1, which has already come and gone-Maybe March 1 of next year. Did the marketer tell you the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus would hop into your house to do the install?

Wowza. 150 HD channels. Imagine that-just like DirecTV does, because your imagination is all you are going to have.

Well if the newly listed in the guide national geographic channel goes live soon.......1 down only 149 to go for directv!

D* consistently makes marketing and service promises which it cannot deliver, or delivers late, or never.
If you can find a company that doesn't have set backs in production or problems with sub contractors, that cause delays, let me know. I was told that a new wireless video distribution model would be available last January and it just came out this February, over a year late. I know of cable company that said they would have fiber last year and to this date haven't laid the first line. How far behind is Airbus in their delivery of their new plane? I know of very few companies that have been able to deliver products on time.

Alas, I also do not believe in the 150 channels at all, much less by March 1, which has already come and gone-Maybe March 1 of next year. Did the marketer tell you the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus would hop into your house to do the install?
D* has never stated they will have 150 channels of HD, but they have stated they will have the capacity for 150 national HD channels. Maybe a CSR said March, but the official work from D* is they will have 100 HD channels this year. Most going live in the 3rd quarter. http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P4130030

Wowza. 150 HD channels. Imagine that-just like DirecTV does, because your imagination is all you are going to have.
I have had HD for 7 years and am looking forward to the new channels going on line since they first announced their plans for D10 & D11 a few years ago. I believe they will deliver their 100 channels by years end.

Don't believe what a sales guy tells you. Well I had a D* sales person call me and tell me I am able to offer you a free HD DVR! I told him that offer is not on your website are you sure and said yes today I can do that. I asked him to repeat "free HD DVR, not STD DVR but HD" so I was like great I am switching to D*.

Well I now officially hate D*!! The installer came out without the DVR and then said you will not be getting a free HD DVR. I called D* and they said the sales person misinformed you and was trying to just make a sale. That is nice.... Real F*&% nice...

I am staying with DISH!

I have the sales person's ID, I wonder who I could e-mail at D* let him know about my disappointment?

Don't believe what a sales guy tells you. Well I had a D* sales person call me and tell me I am able to offer you a free HD DVR! I told him that offer is not on your website are you sure and said yes today I can do that. I asked him to repeat; free HD DVR, not STD DVR but HD; so I was like great I am switching to D*.
Since when has D* started calling people trying to get new customers. I used to get a lot of calls from D* & E*, but I know they were getting in trouble over the Do Not Call List and thought they had stopped. Has anyone else, recently, gotten calls from them?

Since when has D* started calling people trying to get new customers. I used to get a lot of calls from D* & E*, but I know they were getting in trouble over the Do Not Call List and thought they had stopped. Has anyone else, recently, gotten calls from them?

I haven't since I've been on the Do Not Call list so it's working.:D

I got the same call,,they told me to come back to directv and i would get a free hd dvr,,,I didn't get directv or the dvr i had to get a refund the installer never showed or called,,,, so i just stayed with E*....

I got the same call,,they told me to come back to directv and i would get a free hd dvr,,,I didn't get directv or the dvr i had to get a refund the installer never showed or called,,,, so i just stayed with E*....

Ok, I see. Looks like they are calling previous customers, not new ones. Maybe that is not covered by "Do Not Call".

Ok, I see. Looks like they are calling previous customers, not new ones. Maybe that is not covered by "Do Not Call".

That's the key but when a previous or current vendor does call you can tell them to add you to their do not call list and they have to add you. I actually did that with Discover card and Dish to stop them from interupting my dinner. Now I just need to figure out how to get the state and local govt to stop calling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts