Got Directv today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, it is. Now I'm regretting the decision of not ordering two SD-DVRs. Do you think that if I call them and ask to replace one of the SD receivers for a SD-DVR I will get another R22? I understand that it will cost me another $99 but if they come and install it that's worthy. Also, let's say they say yes, will they install a SWM-16? I'm maxed now with a SWM-8.

Yes jaj1701, you warned me. :)

I wouldn't like your chances of getting another R22. They are rare and hard to find. You should consider yourself lucky that you got one (and making me jealous :rant: :D).

For the SWM-16 they will give one but I don't know if they will charge you for it. When I got my whole home solution they initially brought just one SWM-8. I tried to tell them I would need a SWM-16 since I have 5 DVRs. After they realized it wouldn't work they had to go back to their warehouse and get the SWM-16 plus another SWM-8. 4 lines from the dish feed the two SWM-8s which then both feed into the SWM-16. Since it was the same installation there was no extra charge. Yours might be considered a different install and therefore might incur charges. But I don't know for sure. Maybe stonecold can answer this better.

it depends on if another receiver other than the R22 works with SWM. A post above mentions the R16 but I didnt think they did.

There are only 3 SD DVR's
R15...not SWM compatible
R16...unknown
R22...SWM compatible

also with MRV wouldnt they have to give him a R22?

uncrules Whats Up with my Tarheels! I'm originally from NC most of my family lives out there. I hear that the NCAA looking at doing a investigation into the Football Program. Ok I guess should move this to sports section of SatGuys.. :)

I wouldn't like your chances of getting another R22. They are rare and hard to find. You should consider yourself lucky that you got one (and making me jealous :rant: :D).

For the SWM-16 they will give one but I don't know if they will charge you for it. When I got my whole home solution they initially brought just one SWM-8. I tried to tell them I would need a SWM-16 since I have 5 DVRs. After they realized it wouldn't work they had to go back to their warehouse and get the SWM-16 plus another SWM-8. 4 lines from the dish feed the two SWM-8s which then both feed into the SWM-16. Since it was the same installation there was no extra charge. Yours might be considered a different install and therefore might incur charges. But I don't know for sure. Maybe stonecold can answer this better.

I guess one can try and see what they say. :) I didn't even know about the R22, so yes I consider myself very lucky. I'm thinking since I just got installed, maybe they will not charge me but I guess I can try. So far I love their receivers, very small, fast and with lots of features. I do love the APPS too Poke.

Last edited:
I cleaned up cables and everything else and decided to start watching TV after eating something. I was ready to start watching the baseball game and POW, the power goes out. I thought to myself, OMG the installers did something and now we got no power. I checked everything and everything looked good so I went to ask the neighbor and they also lost power. I was like PHEW! Because everybody else in the house thought it was the Directv installers that broke something.

It would have been really hard for the installers to have done a great install, had everything working great but broke something that caused the power in the entire house to go out some time after they left the house. :D

uncrules Whats Up with my Tarheels! I'm originally from NC most of my family lives out there. I hear that the NCAA looking at doing a investigation into the Football Program. Ok I guess should move this to sports section of SatGuys.. :)

Don't remind me. :( 2-3 Players talking to agents. :mad:

it depends on if another receiver other than the R22 works with SWM. A post above mentions the R16 but I didnt think they did.

There are only 3 SD DVR's
R15...not SWM compatible
R16...unknown
R22...SWM compatible

also with MRV wouldnt they have to give him a R22?

2 of my 5 DVRs are R16s and they are SWM compatible. But not MRV compatible.

I will add that you can only view HD if you have another receiver that is HD capable on your account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)