Got Directv today!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
the R22 is the only MRV & SWM compatible unit
The R16 (from another post) is SWM compatible but not MRV

Since I have both MRV & SWM, I'm hoping that I get the R22. I wonder if I can just cancel if he doesn't show with one. I guess I'll take the chance, it's a $100 in savings. :)

Correct. For some reason I thought my power inserter was on one of the splitters but I was wrong. Just went down and looked and my setup is 100% the same as the diagram.

Jag72,

So the splitters don't need power correct? Only the SWM16 switch is powered and can you power it from inside and feed one of the receivers with that line?

I'm thinking of just doing it myself but need to buy that SWM16 for cheap. :)

You are going to please with the cs on D*. I think they go the extra mile to help you. Now and then you get an idiot but hang up and call again and you get lucky. I'm a D* fan as you had notice, and I love it.

Correct on the splitter not needing power. I would not run a line from the power inserter to the receiver. There is a special port on the SWiM16 to plug the power inserter into. You will want to run all the receivers from the SWiM splitters.

Correct on the splitter not needing power. I would not run a line from the power inserter to the receiver. There is a special port on the SWiM16 to plug the power inserter into. You will want to run all the receivers from the SWiM splitters.

Got it! So I will need two lines (already there) to the family room, one for the receiver and one to power the switch.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts