Got my 410 & Super Pak!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Well I finally did it I got a 410 receiver and the super pak. Thanks to Wallyhts for all his help too. I'm pretty much an FTA guy only but last year I got the dish welcome pak for the wife. I knew she wanted a few other channels..Style being one of them. I wasn't gonna pay the pizza guys another dime! So I took the plunge as Popcorn said. Last night was the first night and I'm very happy. The SD picture is pretty good on a 32 Sanyo HD set. I watched the science channel and a few others before it was time to hit the sack. This weekend our oldest granddaughter age 8, will be over and now she can watch even more cartoons. I'm not a big fan of cartoons anymore but it it works for keeping the younger set quiet lol. So far we are very happy with the 410 and the channels we get. I guess I should've done this long ago. I really hope others decide to sub something and maybe we'll see this beyond 2013. Blind

Excellent! I'm glad you enjoy it. I think in my family it's going to take my wife and daughter a little more time to accept the change.

Popcorn, Well so far my wife seems to like it. We aren't too concerned about having certain channels. History,Science, etc..for me Invest Discovery,LNM, Sytle for her. The oldest granddaughter will watch anything cartoon wise except Sprout...its for babies she told me lol....Blind

I just got my hits channels so I'm also a subscriber. On my 50 inch plasma the picture doesn't look bad for using av hookups. I can only imagine how good the masters must have looked

I can only imagine how good the masters must have looked

I could see a difference between them and HITS. The masters were a work of art. The best way to describe them is a excellent factory DVD. Some master fun going on right now with the 4D :)

I hope so. Any one know where I could pick up a 920 or 922 for sale.

If I can ever get a positioner that will take the RF from our radio station and still work, I'll retire my 922 and put it up on the classifieds here. Thus far, its the only
positioner that can survive RF.......but..spring's almost here..time for experimenting.

I have a positioner from the days before they were combined into 1 unit.is that what you need?

Well I finally did it I got a 410 receiver and the super pak. Thanks to Wallyhts for all his help too. I'm pretty much an FTA guy only but last year I got the dish welcome pak for the wife. I knew she wanted a few other channels..Style being one of them. I wasn't gonna pay the pizza guys another dime! So I took the plunge as Popcorn said. Last night was the first night and I'm very happy. The SD picture is pretty good on a 32 Sanyo HD set. I watched the science channel and a few others before it was time to hit the sack. This weekend our oldest granddaughter age 8, will be over and now she can watch even more cartoons. I'm not a big fan of cartoons anymore but it it works for keeping the younger set quiet lol. So far we are very happy with the 410 and the channels we get. I guess I should've done this long ago. I really hope others decide to sub something and maybe we'll see this beyond 2013. Blind

Blind, now since you have had HITS for a week how do you like it?

Popcorn, So far so good. I've got a dual output c band lnb coming today...tired of switching cables. My wife has watched it some during the day and hasn't complained about the selection of channels. I like the Science channel, Nat Geo stuff and she likes more of the reality Tv stuff. Picture quality is good.Just a thought, If there were still some network channels for those that can't get OTA that might encourage others to hop on board. I really hope it lasts past 2013 as it is a good alternative I think...Blind

Networks will not be on W5 when Denver gets added it will be on W1. CNN doubtful unless we get access to SES-1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)