Got My Direct TV Yesterday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jvstrat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2004
Got my 2 room Direct TV system installed yesterday. Just wanted to let you guys know how much better my picture is. I know some of you were giving me opinions both for and against the switch from dish network. I like the tivo much better than the 522 and the picture is more vibrant and less pixellated. Also come to find out the guys that installed my dish network system before didn't ground the system.

welcome aboard. yet another person who has made the switch and is pleased.

I will soon be making the switch too. I am trying to find the right time to do it so I can get the HD10-250 with my install.

Wot! A Dishnotwork system not grounded..NEVER : ) Almost half the work I do now is swap overs to DirecTV from Dish, 90% are not grounded to local and NEC code, on the plus side there seems to be more done right lately, just a bit too late by the time I get there to do the swap, I have NEVER had a customer say their Dish picture was better with Dish, not one.

My Dish installer wasn't planning on grounding mine until I mentioned it to him. He basically said that If your dish gets struck by lightning your pretty much f****d anyways...

true but if its grounded your home owners insurance will cover all damage grounding for the most part is to prevent static build up. when i put the antenna rotar and added 5ft to the height of the antenna i grounded everything every switch ,diplexer , splitter , dish .

rkr0923 said:
I agree, you take a direct hit........it's fried

How many people have had there dish directly hit....i dont know thats why i am askin?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)