Got my license!

KE4EST knew my call before I did! Was at the local amateur radio club monthly meeting with a dead cell phone and didn't even know that I had a call sign yet. LOL!

AI6US. Now trying to decide if I want to keep this call or go with a vanity. Thanks everyone for the welcome! I'm a newbie!!!!!! ;)

Maybe we could build this into a gigantic thread of members announcing becoming a ham. Could it ever become as long as the BUD classifieds thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
AI6US. Now trying to decide if I want to keep this call or go with a vanity. Thanks everyone for the welcome! I'm a newbie!!!!!! ;)...
Its cool to have 'US' in your call sign. But phonetically there are lots of syllables in 'Adam India Six Uniform Sierra.'

If you decide to get a vanity I have some tips on getting the one you want -- just let me know. I got my 1x2 call sign on the 3rd try.

Reactions: Titanium
One of my antennas blew off the roof after the last series of storms, so last night I brought it inside for repair. This morning I wake up to find my wife decorated it with leftover Christmas ornaments. :)

xmastenna.jpg

Sorry for being off topic but I thought you might like it....

:backontopic

Yes, it is a mouthful! I already applied for a 1x2 vanity and playing the waiting game again... :) I might need your guidance! :)

Putting up a 2m/70cm at the office and a HF ZS6BKW / GV5R at home to get my feet wet. Waiting on delivery of 200ft LNR400 and fittings. Already have a UHF/VHF JTD2 on the home tower and put a 2m/70cm on the truck yesterday.... Now to try out the PTT... LOL! :everybodydance

ZS6BKW / GV5R
Brian this is a great antenna, I have one up 45 feet and configured as an inverted V, I am able to band hope the HF band with ease. I have the 80 meter to 6 meter version. Try and and keep the ladder line straight and off the ground.

I once had it loaded on 160 meters and was able to make a SSB contact. The SWR on 160 was good but any frequency change I had to use the built-in antenna tuner on my Flex-3000 and re-tune and match.
If you need any help or encouragement, post or PM me. Glad to help out.

Well I haven't been very active in the FTA forum for quite a while. The good news is now you know why, I got my Technician class ham license yesterday at my local club. I got all 35 correct. Now the wait for my call sign. The VE said it might take a week.
I haven't been active in FTA either, also because of radio. I'm writing an SDR program. I have learned more about how radio works by doing that than all the studying I did for the Ham License exams.

Reactions: Titanium and KE4EST
By the way, glad I inspired you to go get your license Brian! :D

Well, not to be outdone, I saw you got all three so I went ahead and studied this week and achieved my Amateur Extra today. (Not that I understand much of the advanced electrical theory, and not that I can actually use it with no HF rig). Since the first post, I've also gotten my vanity license. KG5QYJ now W5BRX

And congratulations to Corrado too!

Well, not to be outdone, I saw you got all three so I went ahead and studied this week and achieved my Amateur Extra today. (Not that I understand much of the advanced electrical theory, and not that I can actually use it with no HF rig). Since the first post, I've also gotten my vanity license. KG5QYJ now W5BRX

Congrats,

Congratulations Psikic ! Like the new vanity call.

Without HF, we should coordinate a SatelliteGuy net via EchoLink or???

Waiting on the HF to arrive and going to try and work KE4EST for the first HF contact. The unit should be here Tuesday.

My wallet is bleeding profusely, but almost set-up for HF/VHF/UHF at home/office/rv and VHF/UHF in the truck.

Took the HT snowmobiling last weekend up to 7200ft with 100 mile line of sight, but it malfunctioned. The replacement arrived Wednesday in time for the club net. Finally got to use the PTT! LOL!

IMG_5130.JPG
IMG_5131.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: mikelib and KE4EST

Congratulations!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts