Got SkyAngel today

T_N_T

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
Hendersonville,TN
So I received my Neu Lion box today, its a white one with an HDMI port on the box. The image is fairly soft on my Sanyo HDTV and and as of yet there are no true "HD" channels. No buffering issues at all on my 12 mb Comcast HSI. I tried to watch the "Oldie Goldie" channel earlier and the audio was distorted badly, otherwise so far so good.

Earlier reports indicated that this box would not have HD, but the HDMI port would indicate otherwise, right? I wonder what bandwidth will be necessary to successfully stream HD content if it ever becomes available.

Just because there is a HDMI output does not indicate HD, most of the newer FTA satellite SD receivers have HDMI outputs, but do not have component outputs. Sky Angel would have to correct buffering issues they currently have with SD before they could consider HD.

Just because there is a HDMI output does not indicate HD, most of the newer FTA satellite SD receivers have HDMI outputs, but do not have component outputs. Sky Angel would have to correct buffering issues they currently have with SD before they could consider HD.

I haven't had a single buffering issue since I have gotten the unit, even when others are using streaming services on the network at the same time, no issues. I have a 12 mb connection through Comcast running over a Netgear WPN824v2 router(wireless), I did the speed test and it said something like 2.62 mb per second over the router and still no issues.

Last edited:
so what is the cheapest package to try out if you like the service or not ? how long do you have to sign up for before you can cancel ? how is the picture quality freezing videos ? I have twc road runner with the fastest speed service

so what is the cheapest package to try out if you like the service or not ? how long do you have to sign up for before you can cancel ? how is the picture quality freezing videos ? I have twc road runner with the fastest speed service

Depending on what channel you watch,Family Friendly Entertainment's channel will very frequently freeze with the word "buffering" popping up on the screen. Also(not the fault of Sky Angel),FFE will go into a loop of playing the same string of songs over & over again,repeat "you are watching Family Friendly Entertainment" over & over again like a broken record,or just plain go off of the air in the middle of the night(around 3-4AM EST) for a period of time before the engineer realizes whats going on & starts putting programming back on. FFE is also the channel to watch if you love Southern Gospel,Country Gospel,Gospel Bluegrass,& watching Bill & Gloria Gaither,so there is a lot of patience involved in watching it."Mom,are you listening?"

I am running Verizon DSL at 6mbs. This allows me to watch TV and still stream video content on my PC with very few buffering interruptions. I blame my Internet service for this rather than Sky Angel. Overall I'm quite happy with it. Sky Angel has strategically priced the packages so that you are better off going with the $24.99 "everything" package to get everything. The faith channel package is $15.00 and the Family Package is $20.00 . So if you get both, it's like getting the Faith package for an extra $5.00.

I believe you do get 30 days to try out the service.

so $25 package gives you the best option ? how is the pvr dvr function like ? the guide ? ease of operation ? if I don"t wanna stay with them for 2 yrs is it better to buy the equipment rather then lease ?

so $25 package gives you the best option ? how is the pvr dvr function like ? the guide ? ease of operation ? if I don"t wanna stay with them for 2 yrs is it better to buy the equipment rather then lease ?

The PVR function works ok, this does not function on the Family channels, the guide is very basic, no program description other than name of program, always in Military time & Eastern time zone. I would not consider being locked into any type of time frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)