Got to go now- :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lets-rock

Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
Well I must say I never thought it would happen..

My current D*TV package total choice w/hd (no HD Locals - not gonna wait for another year or 2 for hd locals) package & HD DTC-210 (wanna buy it? email me) + 2nd std reciever @ $61.97 mo. Goes away for Comcast Dump the dish = Digital Plus package- all hd locals plus std HD network broadcasts espn, DSC HD, etc.., HBO-inc/HD HBO, hd DVR, 6mbps broadband internet, and 2 additional basic cable rooms for the wife and kid. No contract @ $69.99 mo. (price protected for 1-year (current price outside of promo=$110.00 mo.).

I called 4 times to get MPEG 4 promo status and finally contacted Installations-They actually knew what I was talking about. I was told that if I didn't receive a promo code in the mail that I wasn't part of the marketing departments pilot project and there was no way to get in on it-besides they didn't have me listed as a promo code in the system..I had to wait for the- It will be available at a later date.

btw- I guess it's 5 lnb's..

I only know about the pilot project because a few friends work in the big $$$$ home theater industry here in the microsoft, adobe, starbucks, amazon, costco, McCaw - hills... :shocked

All in all- Maybe I'll be back next year ;)

Until then,
Lets-Rock

Don't feel bad, a number of DBS customers have given cable a try and have been happy with it, hope your experience mirrors what those folks have been seeing. Things will be in a state of flux for a couple of years at D* until they get their next 3 satellites up so they can expand HD offerings so until then cable is probably the way to go.

Thanks

rad said:
Don't feel bad, a number of DBS customers have given cable a try and have been happy with it, hope your experience mirrors what those folks have been seeing. Things will be in a state of flux for a couple of years at D* until they get their next 3 satellites up so they can expand HD offerings so until then cable is probably the way to go.

Thanks for the comforts..

I'll probably bounce from T-mo* to Ver* also.. I got to tell you- The customer service from t* and D* is the worst- 1/2 hour hold times..and using the katr* thing as an excuse for a lack of CS employees :no ..

C* and V* = happy, helpful, 1-2 minute hold times - if that .. Who do you think wants more business :yes ?

Comcast getting the HD Tivo (with cablecard) is going to make this a lot more common, I'm afraid, especially if D*'s new DVR screws the pooch. :)

lets-rock said:
Well I must say I never thought it would happen..

My current D*TV package total choice w/hd (no HD Locals - not gonna wait for another year or 2 for hd locals) package & HD DTC-210 (wanna buy it? email me) + 2nd std reciever @ $61.97 mo. Goes away for Comcast Dump the dish = Digital Plus package- all hd locals plus std HD network broadcasts espn, DSC HD, etc.., HBO-inc/HD HBO, hd DVR, 6mbps broadband internet, and 2 additional basic cable rooms for the wife and kid. No contract @ $69.99 mo. (price protected for 1-year (current price outside of promo=$110.00 mo.).

I called 4 times to get MPEG 4 promo status and finally contacted Installations-They actually knew what I was talking about. I was told that if I didn't receive a promo code in the mail that I wasn't part of the marketing departments pilot project and there was no way to get in on it-besides they didn't have me listed as a promo code in the system..I had to wait for the- It will be available at a later date.

btw- I guess it's 5 lnb's..

I only know about the pilot project because a few friends work in the big $$$$ home theater industry here in the microsoft, adobe, starbucks, amazon, costco, McCaw - hills... :shocked

All in all- Maybe I'll be back next year ;)

Until then,
Lets-Rock

But then again u gonna miss your HDNEt channels :)

And, most important to me, Sunday Ticket. Of course, if you don't like football it won't matter to you.

That's not a bad deal at all, though. I wish we had Comcast here but we have the devil, TimeWarner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts