Got update U303 on hopper 3

Yes, I've used VOD uses all the bandwidth and stops internet use till it downloads. ( Frontier ) . Never messed with netflix , just listen to the problems others have here in town.If I want to download something would be best to do it overnight. Buffering, sd content, etc.
I have CenturyLink here, 4.0 is as fast as they provide on the remote DSLAM I am on. If you live a few hundred feet from the CO in "town" (what there is of a town :) ) you can get 25.0Mpbs. I don't look for it to ever get much better with CTL, even though they got about $500,000,000 from the FCC to "supposedly" get everyone to at least 10Mbps.

Reactions: flody1
Netflix doesn't seem to support 4K video
It does support 4K Video, there is something wrong with the authentication between DISH and Netflix letting them know you are on a 4K set and have a 4K Ultra HD enabled account. I had 4K working well and then they certified the software and now its messed up. :) They are working on it and hopefully we have a fix shortly.

We got the new software early this morning. Found the Netflix app after doing a search for it and set it up OK. I didn't see it listed in the apps listing - maybe it will show up later.
Now it seems the feature that turns on the TV with the Hopper does not work any more. I went into the setup to verify that was still set to "on" and it was but now it does not work.
Anyone else seeing this problem?

It does support 4K Video, there is something wrong with the authentication between DISH and Netflix letting them know you are on a 4K set and have a 4K Ultra HD enabled account. I had 4K working well and then they certified the software and now its messed up. :) They are working on it and hopefully we have a fix shortly.
thanks scott i hope dish will fix so i can watch ultra 4k hd using the netflix on dish network.also they need to add a row for ultra 4k hd so that way you know what movies and titles you can view in ultra 4k hd.

Last edited:
I was looking at a 65" LG OLED at Best Buy last night. Your post got my attention. Please tell me what the "HDR On" issue is what it is doing to your viewing/listening pleasure.

It goes in to HDR mode and the contrast/oled light adjustments are grayed out, and it is in full on torch mode. PQ is still good, but it's too damn bright. Supposedly, after the night update it goes away unless you reboot it again. And then it comes back, until the nightly update. So hopefully I just have to suffer this evening, or wear my sunglasses, and maybe itll get fixed. What ever is coming out of the Hopper over HDMI should not be triggering the LG's HDR mode.

So, is this the new UI for the Hopper downloading automatically or is this just an update for the carbon UI testers?

I just have to suffer this evening, or wear my sunglasses, and maybe itll get fixed.
Maybe a couple of big sheets of ND film?

I'll have to brave the snow to get home and check this out. I'm willing to bet that the OTA Dongle is still going to have problems.

Has anyone checked to see if it helps with the search issue? If you haven't experienced it, it seems that some shows (like Bates Motel) when searched for would show no upcoming episodes and would not give a record series option. It seemed it only happened on shows that did have a watch on Netflix option under summary.

this is what netflix is telling me
'however you will still be unable to stream 4khd Netflix shows from the hopper because it is not one of our Netflix 4kHD supported devices."

Has anyone checked to see if it helps with the search issue? If you haven't experienced it, it seems that some shows (like Bates Motel) when searched for would show no upcoming episodes and would not give a record series option. It seemed it only happened on shows that did have a watch on Netflix option under summary.
Bates Motel is still nowhere to be found, except now all the episodes available on Netflix since today. This was the first thing I checked this morning. I'll just have to wait until it comes on again in March. I think it was the 7th.

this is what netflix is telling me
'however you will still be unable to stream 4khd Netflix shows from the hopper because it is not one of our Netflix 4kHD supported devices."
I wonder if that's because the pop-ups have been saying "coming February 11"? Maybe tomorrow it WILL be supported?

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)